ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilpack...

Clio RN & Honda blade
Have recently had trouble with a missfire whilst on idle, & you have to rev it hard to pull away... done the lambda sensor, was better for about an hour & now its gone again!

Just wondered if the engine management light comes on when the coilpack goes? If not, what could it be as my EM light is not on!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sounds like a coil pack, i take it your cars mis-firing? Does it sound like its running on 3 cylinders?

Also check the spark plugs and HT Leads. It could also be a faulty injector matey!

Hope this helps

Clio RN & Honda blade
Sounds like a coil pack, i take it your cars mis-firing? Does it sound like its running on 3 cylinders?

Also check the spark plugs and HT Leads. It could also be a faulty injector matey!

Hope this helps

Yeah i suppose it does sound a bit like it's running on 3 cylinders on idle, it still pulls very strong though!
Just done the spark plugs on the weekend, put some bosch super 4 things on, and the leads are all tight...
How much do coilpacks cost?

While its idleing.

Remove the HT leads one at a time. when you remove the HT lead off the plug you should hear a change in the engine noise (mis-fire more or even stall). when you find the HT lead that doesn't change the engine noise it will be that one mis-firing

Make sure that HT lead is fine. before changing the coil pack.

Also this method will at lest let you know what cylinder it is encase it is a injector problem

Don't think i explained this good :(

Last edited:
  Clio RN & Honda blade
While its idleing.

Remove the HT leads one at a time. when you remove the HT lead off the plug you should hear a change in the engine noise (mis-fire more or even stall). when you find the HT lead that doesn't change the engine noise it will be that one mis-firing

Make sure that HT lead is fine. before changing the coil pack.

Also this method will at lest let you know what cylinder it is encase it is a injector problem

Don't think i explained this good :(

Cheers for that Rob, do i need to be prepared for an electric shock if i'm doing this?

Oh yeah did you make any progress on your 2 clio's today then?

LY 182
Cheers for that Rob, do i need to be prepared for an electric shock if i'm doing this?
possibly, only a tiddler though

them plugs you put in it wont be helping, i put them in mine lasted 500 miles and one of them died was running on 3

my bets coil pack though

eml will be on due to it detecting missfiring

Clio RN & Honda blade
Okey doke, called GSF yesterday and they have a coilpack in stock for me for around £50 if i remember correctly...

Thanks for your help people