ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coils and brakes

Clio Sport 172 Cup
Hi All,
Had my MOT yesterday on my Clio 172 CUP, which thankfully passed.

Had a few advisories though;
- Front and Rear coils are corroding and need replacing
- Front and rear brake discs need replacing

I was quoted around £1158 for the parts and fitting from the garage. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was about the correct price for this sort of work and if anyone knows of a better way of doing it?

Cheers.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Where are you from?

At that price a handy local member could fit you the parts... You can get eibach or cooksports for £150 and a full set of discs and pads all round for similar..

I could do that work and save you a fortune.. If only suggest a full tracking after and the replacement of suspension rubbers etc, which is possibly going add more to the parts bill from anyone that does the work..

Last edited:
As Dave said, eibach or cooksport springs and get some brembo HC brake discs, save yourself a fortune and increase the performance at the same time.

That's not the correct wording for a mot advisory
How does he know the coils need replacing has he got x-ray eyes and can see the future.
You can not fail brake discs on condition any more as long as they work in the brake rollers its a pass.
Front and Rear coils are corroding and need replacing
- Front and rear brake discs need replacing

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Change them yourself and save yourself £800.

Or get someone on get to do it for a bit of £ as they certainly won't charge anywhere near as much as your original quote.