ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold air feed

clio dynamique 1.6
i am thinking of putting a cold air feed by removing a front fog and running the pipe from there to the air box. replacing the air filter with a green performance panel filter. are there any wires that need to be disconnected? what size pipe will i need and will there actually be any gains in power at all? thank you

As above! I've been messing doing something similar for a couple of nights, although I was trying to run a much larger than standard pipe to a modified air box, and have just tonight gone and fitted the standard set up back in place. When you remove the fog lamp there's two horns in the way, + the acoustic valve which needs removing, and even after all that there isn't much room to run a bigger pipe. then if you do manage it, there's not much room between the battery, and a part of the gearbox mount gets in the way!!! I decided there really wasn't enough/if any to justify all the work and expense!! The standard set up without the acoustic valve really is very good!!

clio dynamique 1.6
ha thank you very much! glad i mentioned this saved me alot of time! i wont bother and will just replace the filter. cheers guys