ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Air Feed

So I've ordered a K&N induction kit for the 1.2 (for the roar! no hate please!) but to reduce heat soak I want a cold air feed from the fogs (it looks pretty cool too) but was just wondering what I needed?

Like if i can use the fog light surrounds I have?

(I know I need duct tubing etc)

Whether I can get trumpets? What size trumpets I need? Do I use them with the fog light surround or what?!

anyone that has a phase 1 fog light positioned air feed help me out please? :D

(before anyone says I have had a search and can't find anything helpful)

Last edited:
A guy at a rolling road day ages ago had a similar setup to what you want, and his car was about 50bhp down!! (On a 172)

More hassle than its worth I think, although I may be corrected.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
A guy at a rolling road day ages ago had a similar setup to what you want, and his car was about 50bhp down!! (On a 172)

More hassle than its worth I think, although I may be corrected.

I dont hink the IK made his car 50hp down, 5hp maybe?. He must have had timing/other issues if it was 50 down.

IK help a bit on the 1.2s but as you say, your doing it for the sound. What most people do is possition the filter behind the front right light, which is a good place to get cold air. if you want to do it the fog light way, you will need a ram pipe and ducting to duct it up to the filter, but this wont be as good as behind the light imo as it onlu works after you have been moving a while (and the air has had chance to move around), unless you have an enclosed IK?

I dont hink the IK made his car 50hp down, 5hp maybe?. He must have had timing/other issues if it was 50 down.

IK help a bit on the 1.2s but as you say, your doing it for the sound. What most people do is possition the filter behind the front right light, which is a good place to get cold air. if you want to do it the fog light way, you will need a ram pipe and ducting to duct it up to the filter, but this wont be as good as behind the light imo as it onlu works after you have been moving a while (and the air has had chance to move around), unless you have an enclosed IK?

what ram pipe would i need? :S

ok i dont think ram pipes would work because the fog light hole isnt completely circular so im thinking just use the fog light surrounds and duct the back of that to the air filter?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
you can do that, but like I said, it wont help much. its better to just put hte IK behind the headlight...

Can you do this on a 1.2 ? Next to the tow eye
2012-04-21-057.jpg
is my CAF - though not really needed.

No. He was.

This was proven when someone we borrowed the old burpspeed induction kit, and it made proper power again.

172 cup, Impreza P1
DSCF1841.jpg

DSCF1750.jpg

Just use the old fog light surround and use ducting that roughly fits the opening and seal it with adhesive sealant. Thats what I did for my brake ducts.

right, so i just measured the gap at the back of the fog surround is 79mm which the duct pipe will have to fit through, so im thinking I get a 76mm trumpet with 76mm tubing and then I try and bond it on with something.. sound good?

or i can get an 80mm trumpet and try and sand 1mm off the surround so itll fit snug and wont require as much bonding, just a bit of glue..

Also how much duct tubing would I need to get from the fog light hole and the air filter, because I was thinking about getting this stuff, but they only do it in 1m a peice, I dont think that would be lond enough, especially from the driver side one as it has to go further to reach the right side of the engine bay.. hmm

ok ive ordered a cheap 76mm trumpet to see how it would fit before i get another one

EDIT: maybe not as paypal have just thrown this error code at me -.- Error code: 70165 70079 11068

think its because the seller doesnt want to accept me payment? whaa?

Last edited:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I ran one on my 1.2 for a bit. Removed it, and there was no difference imo. Try doing a ktec style induction kit maybe.