ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold start worse than usual after plug change.

None
I've just had the spark plugs done on my 182 by a garage i use all the time for my services, mot's etc, picked the car up last night and it drove back great, went out this morning and all was fine but when i started it this afternoon, it seemed to want to try cut out when i pressed the accelerator, i set off anyway and it jumped a little and popped from the exhaust.......a more exaggerated version of how 182's normally cold start, after about thirty seconds it was fine, took it for a good drive and was fine all the way, i even pushed it hard with no problems at all so it's just the cold start up thats the issue.

Any idea's on what this might be?......maybe a sensor that's failed after being knocked.

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys, i don't want to take it back unless i really have too.

None
NGK's...?

I don't know mate, i do know they always use genuine parts though as i had to wait to pick the car up because they were waiting on a renault gasket for the intake, this doesn't really help with the plug make but i know they are a bosche approved service centre so maybe they used bosche plugs.
Strange thing is that it didn't do it when i picked the car up or this morning when i started it from cold.......just this afternoon onwards!

I have heard the rule of using NGK's but if it only does the poor start from cold but then runs good when warm could it be the plugs themselves?