ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coldest Your Clio has Been

Mmmm...lovely cold weather...not!

Fired up the valver this morning to get a reading of -3 degrees and find that my main gauges acting up (petrol not working, water, rev and speedo sluggish). Surely the coldest its been in ages (must have been bad during the night tho)...anyone had worse so far??

Clio 182

Ive only seen a -1 but as soon as the car warmed up it went up to 2 even though it was icy out.

How accurate are they?

Clio 197

Ive seen -7 on my ol 1.2 about 8 years ago, which is still alive today...

PS Where is the sensor? Is it on the wing mirror?

don't

not sure on temp but its only the 2nd time ive had to de-ice the windscreen

just used some tap water 2day, sorted it out in no time

must have been a damn cold night though

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 20 December 2004

Ive seen -7 on my ol 1.2 about 8 years ago, which is still alive today...

PS Where is the sensor? Is it on the wing mirror?
Yeh i think its on the bottom of the wing mirror.

ive saw -8 last year, that was the coldest i can remember.

Interesting topic...

Lucky you are not in Sweden.
Last year in January I saw -36°C on my mates Megane.

Thats cool. :cool:

Polo + Micra

lol well got im mine yesterday and it was at a low 49°c that quickly went up to a modest 59°c

silver valver/hybrid

ooh thats cold! my dad drives a lorry, one morning it was -15 and the diesel froze in the tank, all he could do was sit there for 4 hours till it thawed out!

Megane 225 Arctic Blue

-4 this morning for me.
Even frozen on the INSIDE of my 172.

Ive noticed actually that on occassions it has felt almost damp in the car when it is getting cold. Normal, or an indication of a leak somewhere?

Not noticed in my previous car (Megane Hatch)

Andrew

Quote: Originally posted by clio_rsi on 20 December 2004

the sensor is in the passenger wing mirror
is THAT what the little nipple thing is on the bottom of the wing mirror?!

I thought it was a moulding problem with the plastic!

Mine "best" is with my current clio -28 celsius ;) And Im not joking! Its typical that we have that cold wheather at least couple of times in winter here in Finland.

just outside aberdeen -14! no joke. dads volvo read -13.5 and mums polo read -14 so i guess it was accurate. was at the end of november.

Ive had experience when the car has frozen on the inside. Sunday just gone, i got in the car to start her up and the windscreen was covered in ice INSIDE :eek: