ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Collada Exporting problems

Hi guys, long time no post.
Just wondering if anyone on here has some sort of knowledge into collada/dae models?
Mine keep loosing their joints / kinematic tags and I can't find anything online.
Using Blender at the moment and i've used plug-in exporter tools, but most info seems to be on exporting the animations of the joints instead of the joints as they are.
Taaaa

Yeah, just trying to export my model and its info out of blender and to have kinetics or node tags show in the xml.
I could be doing some basic error tbh, only used blender for a few days. If I just straight up imported a working collada model with everything working and if I export it,
the nodes aren't noted
thanks and

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not going to lie mate... I know quite a few people who work in 3D with various packages but I'm not aware of any of them who have been able to successfully export dae and retain all the associated nodes, armature, keyframing, etc. :( Even if you export a relatively simple jointed model and then import it again, you often find it's nothing like the model you just exported! As good as Blender is I find this to be a bit of a problem when it comes to importing and exporting from other formats; even more so with older formats (not that dae is that old).

I'm not sure what to suggest I'm afraid. Sorry buddy :( I hope someone else can help or there's an alternative workflow you can use (or different file formats).