ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding ’How to...’ Guide

1.4 Fiesta!!!

Quote: Originally posted by mikesclio on 28 March 2004

anyone know how to remove side strips on new shape clio, also, if the rear and front bumpers are hard to take off?

cheers
They just slide off, very easy to do.

They slide off in the direction of the back of the car.

So if youre standing on the drivers side (right) of your car then they should slide off to the left. Might need a good push the first time you take em off put after that they come off pretty easy.

On the old shape clios it is on the panel, facing upwards by the bonnet hinges on the drivers side, dunno oabout on the new ones, have a look in your manual

am doing my side strips this week, if i dare to risk messing up my car for the FCS, or might wait till next week! got the above plastic primers and grit paper from halford, have had to get my paint from reno tho due to it containing lead. just a quick question when it comes to applying the paint.

if you put on too little paint will it be lighter than your car, same if u put on too much will it be darker? do u have to be really careful to get just the right amount on?! sounds stupid but ive never dun it b4!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

tom just do light layers at a time and dont rush it, i dont think it will actaully go darker.

i want to do mine but dont think the missus would want the front room to be a paintshop

yeh am gona do it really slowly! got the garage to work in which is ok! havent got time to do ti b4 the FCS dont want my car there without side strips!

any1 noticed on the DIY guide that the guy who wrote it states you need "Plastic Primer" but in the pic its only "Primer".

how much difference does this make at the end of the day?

Da

Less

a big difference mate, primer isnt flexible so would eventually crack on plastic giving a poor finish! plastic primer is on the other hand flexible so should never crack and give a much better finish...

Quote: Originally posted by tom_1.4_16v on 25 May 2004

any1 noticed on the DIY guide that the guy who wrote it states you need "Plastic Primer" but in the pic its only "Primer".

how much difference does this make at the end of the day?
it was plastic primer matey ...

:p

:oops:

have just checked my new primer i bought and yes u guys are right- in that pic i have used primer instead of plastic primer! grrr....

i blame halfords- i asked for plastic primer and they gave me that...

sok just wanted to make sure people new thats all cus there is a difference!

:D fantastic guide btw, my side bits look sweet was now thanks for the time u put in to making it!

Hey there, could you please e-mail me the guide as i have only just signed up to be a member and i have to wait up to 14 days before i get all the info.

mailto:TomLamb69@hotmail.com">TomLamb69@hotmail.com

This would be a great help and i promis i have paid up!!! :D

Im wanting to do the colour coding to my car next Monday. although im not a member yet and ive just tryed to become one but its down until the move to the new site is up. would anyone be kind enough to e-mail me it?

mailto:Sy_doug@hotmail.com">Sy_doug@hotmail.com
Would

Cant wait to do this! have been looking for a guide for a while now - this one sounds good, just have to wait until the new site is up so I can get to see it!

how many coats of paint and laquer did you use mate?

As i followed your guide a few months back, and used two maybe three cans of black paint, and at least 3 cans or laquer. And they still are not 100%, i would like to do them again actually, as i feel the could still benifit from more paint and laquer. Each coat was left to dry etc, they look good from a distance but close up they are not that great.

SQ5

dont lacquer it it will turn them a brown yellowy coulour in some places especially if your doing htem white, u also wanna use the white plastic primer and juist tcut them 24hours afte youve painted them

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

Quote: Originally posted by spengy on 31 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by mikesclio on 28 March 2004

anyone know how to remove side strips on new shape clio, also, if the rear and front bumpers are hard to take off?

cheers
They just slide off, very easy to do.

They slide off in the direction of the back of the car.

So if youre standing on the drivers side (right) of your car then they should slide off to the left. Might need a good push the first time you take em off put after that they come off pretty easy.

dont they slid off to the middle?

i mean the door one goes backwards and the back quarter one goes 4wards?

thats maybe why i cant get mine off then, i keep chiping the paint trying to get things behind them.