ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding bumpers

mk2 ph1
i am seriously thinking of colour coding my bumpers but don't want to take it in anywhere.

how difficult is it do at home and where can i get the required sprays etc?:rasp:

Clio 1.5DCI
It is easy enough with the right tools, some people suffer from the paint flaking and fading, Seen a bad example of a colour coded clio today, wish I took a pic. The paint looked extremely tacky lookin.

It normally involves sanding the plastic down till its smooth, then making sure its clean prime it, put a few layers of spray paint on and then laquer. Thats what Ive been told anyway, have been thinkin of doin it myself but dont want to risk the thing going pear shaped.

Breaking A 172 Replica
I am thinking of doing it.

How much are you talking for all paints/special sandpaper?

At the end of the day even if it all goes T1s up you can always buy new bumper sections for tenner off eBay

mk2 ph1
i've read up on spraying bumpers etc.

it seems that it is not very difficult just very time consuming.

needs sanding down, priming a couple of times ensuring a smooth finish is given. colour sprayed and then a few layers of clear finish spray

i'll give it a go on a spare part and let you know

To make the strips for colour coding smooth requires more than sanding.

You need to use a very special fine filler to make the surface smooth as glass like mine :approve: (being very smug I know) lol.

Take it to a good bodyshop who will be able to use an oven to help it dry etc. Will only cost about 200 quid and that should include handles and side bump strips also.

paint spraying is difficult. Its so easy to apply unevely then u get patchyness, paint runs etc.