ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour coding bumpers

Does anyone know how much roughy Id be looking at to colour code the black parts on the bumpers on my mark II clio?

Do you have to respray the whole bumper or can you just spray the black parts?

Anyone got any pics of a silver one with it done?

Thanks

D

:D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Mine cost £150

and i had:

full front and rear bumper respray
spoiler ccd
side strips ccd
foglight surounds ccd
so it is possible to get it done for under £200

I wouldnt go for the cheapest quote.

go by reputation, id rather pay 200 for a brilliant job, than 150 for a half decent job.

Cause you will end up just getting it redone..like me:)

not saying it was tom, just saying i wouldnt go for the cheapest quote...id go for the place whos gonna give you the best result

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i never said that you said that i said that you said that my paint was dodgy

:p:confused::p:confused:

cool!

Thats exactly what Im after, neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to get that done, it looks so nice!!!!

:)

So basically keep £200 aside ;)

did the people who have already had it done get the black sections rubbed down first? or buy 172 door bumps? Just wondered if anyone had gone the whole hog and done it so called "properly"?

Definately gonna get it done in the summer for the shows, it NEEDS doing on a gold car

£200, thats cheap. I went last year to get colour codes on all the black plastic at my local body shop. Was quoted £500-£550 + vat. I live in Scotland as well, so you would think it would be cheaper or the same. Glad i did not shell out the money. Think i will try somewhere else. Would get it done tomorrow if i could get it for £200. It makes such a difference to the car.

Chris.

wtf 550, did you go to renault?

ive been to a few bodyshops who have had more than their fair share of cars in max power and they dont charge over 300!

I think fred got 172 side strips, but tbh now ive had mine colour coded again you cant tell the difference between the plastic and the normal parts.

unfortauntly john not all cars making it to max power are well done lol

take mynheer for example, if u coulda taken a look round that civic they have in this month u would be shocked, we picked holes in the car for about 20 mins, its shocking. they airbrush the fook outta most of thier features

perhaps thats true on some cars, but ive seen two of the cars coming out of this place and the paint was just pint. it was a smoothed saxo with a flip paint job..i couldnt spot anything out of place.

depends, the paint Im using on my car is £80 a litre.. should look good.. but it does cost a bit.

Daz.

hehe you know what i find the best thing

when folk come into my work(halfords) hi can you mix me some flip paint

hehe you have to laugh:)

if i buy the same coulour bumpers on a different clio for my mk1 clio will the body work and bumpers look good or will it look cheap nad nasty? + then i would get the side strips sprayed the same coulour or take em off nad get hte doors filled and sprayed .help