ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour coding door handles question..

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I read that once you take these off there's no way to get into the car? I thought it would leave a cable behind and you could just pull the cable?

Want to colour code today...

Ibiza FR
I done mine not long ago, and it leaves a thin steel rod behind the hole,
if you have small hands you can push it down towards bottom of the door and the door will open :)

Bux

Golf GTD
I read that once you take these off there's no way to get into the car? I thought it would leave a cable behind and you could just pull the cable?

Want to colour code today...

Couldn't you just climb through the boot? Or do 1 door handle at a time?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Would rather do both at the same time but yeah can climb through the boot as there's nothing in there.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I done mine not long ago, and it leaves a thin steel rod behind the hole,
if you have small hands you can push it down towards bottom of the door and the door will open :)
Got both handles off and using this method for a couple days.

It's a race every time with the missus to see who can open the door first lol :)

Ultra Red Clio 197
when i did mine I just bought another set on ebay for a tenner.. got that set painted in my own time, removed old ones and fitted the freshly colour coded ones on one lovely afternoon. Then I managed to sell the old ones for for £15! Dont know why you would be interested in going without door handles.. It would also be so easy to break into!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Don't see how it's any easier to break into. Anyway, that's the least of my worries considering my boot doesn't lock lol!

I did think of this but just got on with it. It'll be done by the weekend anyway.

Ibiza FR
The door still locks, and all the bar does is operate the handle :)
The hole is tiny, so would be hard to break into!

Clio dynamique 1.6 16v
when i did mine I just bought another set on ebay for a tenner.. got that set painted in my own time, removed old ones and fitted the freshly colour coded ones on one lovely afternoon. Then I managed to sell the old ones for for £15! Dont know why you would be interested in going without door handles.. It would also be so easy to break into!

I have just bought some off here for £12 (shout out Rich_16v ;) ) Spraying them atm and then going to switch them over and sell my other ones. Most logical method lol :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I have just bought some off here for £12 (shout out Rich_16v ;) ) Spraying them atm and then going to switch them over and sell my other ones. Most logical method lol :)

I got mine for £13 :( haha

I've prepped mine and I'll be sprayin them in a few days.