ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Help

Mk2 Ph2 16v 1.4 Dynamique
Hey Guys am about to book my clio into a body shop to have it colour coded but have seen on here pics of clios with their front renualt logo (the crome/silver) triangle and just wanted to know how its done? Do i need to buy new front and rear logos or do they spray paint em? Also was wondering where i can get the silver 1.4 insert on the side (the bit on the lower bit of the doors) Thanks:D

Have been quoted 100 because my old mans a mechanic and has a mot garage as well so has friends in every part of the industry so they said they would do it as a favour! So all ive been doin to my clio is paying for parts and nothing more. :)

Ha lol have just seen my typin error in my first message! i mean the black/matte paint on the renualt logo lol. Any help or info would be great cheers

J03

MX5 1.8
its easy.. pull it off, give it a few coats of primer, then few coats of paint, then coats of laquer until your happy with the shinyness but if you want it matte it doesnt matter about loads of coats of laquer..
i colour coded it myself and it was lots of fun!!
IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

Clio DCi 65
Pretty tempted to attempt this myself,

Fcuk paying loadssss if i can get similar results to that myself!

J03

MX5 1.8
Pretty tempted to attempt this myself,

Fcuk paying loadssss if i can get similar results to that myself!

dont make a mistake of rushing it though, i didnt let the paint 'cure' in time before i put my next coats on... thus leaving indentation of every bug/debris the front hits... its essential with each layer of paint not to be too thick and runny before you add the next layer.. its not really hard, just make sure you leave around 20 mins every coat.. i didnt i put a new coat every 5 mins lol

ZX6R B1H
make sure you prep them properly, of they will flake away after a while ;) there is doing them right the first time and there is doing them again. Nothing worse than taking on a job which somebody has attacked with rattle cans lol.

You should be flatting them down with 800's grey scotch, plastic prime, Prime if needed and flat, dry, clean apply paint, apply clear.

to have any lasting looks prep prep prep and make sure that Prep is good.

J03

MX5 1.8
yeah you got to make sure you prep well! make the surface as smoooth as silk before any paint goes on.. spray a light coat then fine sand it down with wet and dry, that fine layer will fill the bumps and then smoothed off

J03

MX5 1.8
Jo3, are they usually textured these bits mate.

yeah ano pal, just sand all the texture off until smooth, then fine sand it until its silky smooth with no obviouse lumps and bumps on the surface and wet and dry to make sure, repeat the wet and dry process after applying primer aswel.