ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Question

2001 1.2 Expresion
This is my first post on ClioSport.

I got a 1.2 Expression Mk2 Ph2 a couple of weeks ago and I want to do some basic mods to make it look a bit better.

It's iceberg silver (I think) and I'd like to colour code the front and rear bumpers along with the door strips.

How do I go about doing this?
Is it as simple as buying a can of iceberg silver spray paint and sanding/priming the trim a lot before spraying and clear coating?

How hard is it to find the exact same colour, (or something at least very similar) ?

An idiots guide would be useful...

Thanks!

Oh btw I did search but all I can find are other people as stuck as me!

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
be7epa7a.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
if you need to ask a question like this then get someone who knows what they are doing to colour code them

Then no one would learn how to do anything for themselves.

I knew nothing about colour coding or spraying parts before I sprayed a few bits on mine,
but I bought some wet & dry sand paper, some plastic primer, a can of paint and some lacquer.

I then read everything I could about how to do it by using the search bar,
then started on my parts, the learning curve wasn't that steep as it's not that hard to do.

Is it as simple as buying a can of iceberg silver spray paint and sanding/priming the trim a lot before spraying and clear coating?

Yes.