ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour coding side strips on mk2

Audi S3 225

I want to colour code my side strips but don’t know how to do it properly. Can someone help us out and give us instructions and what equipment is needed to get a professional quality job.

Cheers in advance,

Jonesy

Get a professtional body shop to do them 4 u, just remove them from the car and giv it to them.wen there done they look quailty

Audi S3 225

i am a profgessional sprayer i used to spray my warhammer when i was 12! Cmon i am gonna do this i just bought the wet and dry, plastic filler, monaco blue paint and primer!

How am i gonna do thios then......?

In a dust free enviroment for a start, I dont see how hard it would be to colour code them off the car, my mate his 306 ones and they were spot on did them on his garage floor with a bit of newspaper on the floor, all it takes is be patient and you should get a good job there is bound to be a good guide somewhere on the net.

Audi S3 225

Ok this is how far ive got so far without any problems...

I have sanded the strips down as much as possible to get rid of the bumps, but there was still some left so i used plastic filler primer on them, 24 hours later i sanded them down and appled normal plastic primer. I have just sanded the primer down and its sooooo smooth now. Im a bit woried about spraying the actual strips the main colour (monaca blue) as I might trash it up and then ill have to go and nick another set of strips from me local carpark! plus ill have to buy all the paint again!! I cant afford this so i better get it right first time.

Ill let u no how i get on, l8rs!

Audi S3 225

ok i got a problem, why the hell does tey monaco blue not look like my cars colour?? I havent applyed the laquire yet but it looks no where near my cars colour!

I cant belive this ive spent so much money on paint and so much time spraying and now the dam colour dont match!

Will applying the laquire do anything to the colour? Cos im about to go and do it now, ill see wot happens........

There are often four or five different shades of a particular - single - colour. Or so Ive been told by a very experienced body shop man.

If you got it off the shelf from Halfords or somewhere similar, rather than after giving a supplier your VIN plate details, then I dont think it can be an exact match.

Audi S3 225

I did the laquer and the colour looks much better not exact match tho, so i think im gonna go nick another pair of side strips and get a garage to do em. Cos mine look proper turd not even smooth, they all rough and dont look right on car, nm! maybe next time ill listern to everyone and not do it myself!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Some git has just nicked my bump strips off the side of me car .. well pissed off.. hehe ;)

Just sand them down and try again ? dont go nicking strips.. unless its from a scrappy ;)