ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour

Hi , Just ordered a new 182 with cup pack , should have been black but due to computer error ? only inferno is now available unless I wait 8 weeks for the black one , So decided on the inferno for next friday, Has anyone got the inferno colour and do they regret it

Mercedes SLK350

I have had my Inferno 182 with cup packs for two weeks now, and I hate it.

People are always coming up to me and commenting how much they like the colour.

Women keep giving me their phone numbers and asking me to father children.

I just cant take any more.......argggggh!!!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Rob N/W on 20 March 2005
<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=black size=6>Hi , Just ordered a new 182 with cup pack , should have been black but due to computer error ? only inferno is now available unless I wait 8 weeks for the black one , So decided on the inferno for next friday, Has anyone got the inferno colour and do they regret it

no need to shout mate, we arent deaf!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

personal preference i think its nice, but would have went for racing blue with stripes. However certainly nae dissin yer choice, itll get you attention and is something diff

7.6cc :D

You should never *settle* for a different colour than the one you originally wanted, or you will never be truely happy with the car.

Be patient.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Inferno looks nice i doubt youll regret it, black ones look like Dynamics anyway :D

ClioSport 182

It took me ages to decide on my colour, and also some sleepless nights about whether to change or not, and also pouring over photos on this forum, however finally my decision was made.

I would wait a little longer to get the colour that I *really* wanted.

KnightAzul

BTW: I went for black ...

I have nothing against black, but I personally dont think its the right kind of colour for a hot hatch. Then again I chose Inferno so I am bound to say that of course - I only had a choice of 2 colours anyway - though I wouldnt have chosen black if it was available.

I love Inferno to bits, and I dont think youll be disappointed with it - but I agree that if you had your heart set on black, then maybe waiting is the way to go?

Thanks for the comments ,I am 99% sure I will have the inferno, I plan to go along on Friday to collect it and unless I absolutely hate it I will get it. If the worst happens I will try to get back my £200 deposit and / or go elsewhere and see what is in stock. Cant be bothered waiting plus the wifes px has an intermittant fault on autobox , dont want to risk it going altogether as the px price allowed is quids in

Word of warning Rob - Inferno looks very different in different lighting, so try not to make a rash decision when you see it.

Sometimes it looks copper, others it looks flat orange. Other times it looks like burnt orange with a hint of coppery bronzey brownish...on another day it can look like a metalic orange jelly bean - which is when youll fall in love with it :D

Roy, thanks for the advice, have you owned a Clio before , and how would you rate your new clio overall for build quality , faults , overall package

This is my first Clio mate. Only two problems so far seem to be the suspension sometimes creaking on full lock when the car is cold (doesnt worry me) and the temperature guage being a bit gay (keeping an eye on it)

Overall I love the sl*g - it gets a lot of attention, especially in sunny weather ;), and it drives like a dream. It also destroys many a car costing twice as much . The only problem is driving it with the girlfriend in the passenger seat - it scares her and I have to drive normally :confused:

scaring the wife is one of the few pleasures left in life I met her in 86 and have been doin it ever since . If cars were meant for normal driving they would only need 2 gears and about 30 horsepower , as the clio is 182 scary driving is a must . have you seen those stickers , get in , belt up and shut the f*ck up, Ive got a job lot .

Yeah but youre married mate - I still have chance of having sex most nights, and upsetting her doesnt do me any favours :p