ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coming back to the Clio scene, 182? or 197?

Countryman JCW
Evening all,

As above, i'm looking at buying another clio. Prices for a reasonable 182 are around 2500, or do i spend an extra grand and buy a 197? I drove one years ago when they first came on the market and wasn't particularly blown away (had a ph1 at the time)... does anyone think its worth spending the extra cash?

This has caught my eye, but im worried its a little too cheap?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...used,nearlynew,new/fuel-type/petrol?logcode=p

Inferno 182
182 mate. I done the same recently after owning various turbo'd cars for 3 or 4 years. Was a blast getting back in a 182.

What I like most is the huge availability, and price of secondhand and performance parts. They're now soooo cheap to run and modify. When I sold my RB cup, you were looking at over a grand for a second hand engine!

Gee.

Countryman JCW
Cheers for that, good read!
Any particular reason why you think its a no go? will help me with future searches...

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheers for that, good read!
Any particular reason why you think its a no go? will help me with future searches...

No mention of belts being done
They claim it has recaros, it hasn't

Glad to help :)

No cup chassis (may be a personal preference thing)
And it's an early model, so has the earlier gearbox with a shorter 6th gear... The difference is only 500rpm more at 70 with the earlier box but it's annoying as it is with the revised box.

I'm of the mindset "buy the best for your budget"

So I'd suggest an awesome 172 over a 182, a 182 over a 197 and so on.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
182 all day, and not because I have one, never been a fan on 197's, worse on fuel, less fun and not any quicker. Do look alight thought I suppose!

Countryman JCW
This will be Clio number 5

172 ph1
182 FF
172 cup turbo
182 FF

Looks like another 182 FF will be sat on my drive very soon then. Quite fancy one in RB... Anyone selling a nice one at the mo??