ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

common faults on clio 172's ?????

hi guys, im thinking of buying the car above on a 2002 plate, is there anything that i should look for when viewing the car. cheers for any help. Chris

ph2 172
make sure it has an engine and wheels also service history, cambelt change general stuff like that really and make sure it has a cup spoiler and splitter you can give to me.

1.2 Clio Dynamique (blue)
hmm great advice there fraser :rolleyes:.... i dont have a 172 so wouldnt know.. just thought frasers post was a bit pointless lol but then again thats making mine pointless.. so, end of

PH1 172 Sport
Lots of stuff to check. Join the club and look in the guides section as theres a buyers guide in there best £5 i ever spent :)

Cup'd Monaco 172
Get one with the cambelt done.

I have a 2002 172 and it needs engine mounts, wishbone bushes, top mounts, will it did, I have just done them. So budget for them if they haven't been done or if it done low mileage.
It still needs the exhaust looking at is it knocks too.

Check the air con clutch engages when you turn it on.

Check the synchros are slick too.

Check the steering wheel condition.

Check the electic windows work. The auto xenons and wipers.

Cup'd Monaco 172
BTW I think if I was buying one now, I'd go for a cheap one and spend the change on sorting it out. They are fragile if driven hard and need uprating. Certainly all the mountings and suspension.
The engine and gearbox seem really strong and except the steering wheel the interior is wearing well.

ph1 172
Exhausts are crap and rust to pieces!
Keep an eye on the aux belt
2002 should have had the cambelt done by now

Expect it to be a high maintenance car!