ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

?? Company Car Insurance ??

1.4 16v Clio
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody on here has any experience with company car insurance, this is to try and reduce the cost of my insurance as I'm 17 :p

I'd be wanting to set it up for three cars mine, dads, mums. Cars as follows:

Mine: X reg 1.4 16v clio (alize)
Dads: Porsche 997 (ie. Carrera 2)
Mums: Saab 95 Touring with hirsch remap

I assume these would have to be set up as pool cars, and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas of whether this would be a cheaper method of insuring the three cars?

Thanks for your help in advance :D

Most are limited to 21yrs +
Not to mention all the cars would have to be registered to the company.

1.4 16v Clio
Ah bugger..... oh well if its most that are limited to 21 then there must be some that might do it.....

plus I'd be insured on a porsche, not that i'd get to drive it :p

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Why not get your own policy like most do pay through your teeth for 2 years then once you have NCB you are sorted and will have no problems with insurance.

1.4 16v Clio
Why not get your own policy like most do pay through your teeth for 2 years then once you have NCB you are sorted and will have no problems with insurance.

Ye thats the plan at the moment just wondering if there was a cheaper way also I'm looking to get a more powerful car soonish (well in the next 6-8 months) so if this was cheaper it might help me get insurance for that aswell.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
but getting a company car plan sometimes terms and conditions dont allow you to generate NCB, so for ever you will be stuck with 0NCB. Insurance companies work the way they do so they can asses the risks of drivers and do the costs to match.
Finding a loop whole may save you a few hundred quid for a year or to but later in life will cost you.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
well, im now 21 ive had my own policy since 17 so in febuary i will have 4years NCB. i got my 182 at 20 and payed 1300 roughly this will drop again renewal time.

But a friend who is 20 with 0NCB cos on his parents policy, it costs him nearly 1500 to insure any car that is a 1.2L. Dread to think what it would be on a 182 for him.

1.4 16v Clio
But a friend who is 20 with 0NCB cos on his parents policy, it costs him nearly 1500 to insure any car that is a 1.2L. Dread to think what it would be on a 182 for him.

thats a bit steep :s I've found mine for 1700 fully comp, and £50 more to go third party fire & theft (and yep they are the correct way round its cheaper fully comp :p with the same company too)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
All though he is 20 he is in the same boat as you though , the insurance companies have no proof that he is a decent safe driver, to them he could have past his test at 17 then not driven for a few years making him a big risk.

Out of intrest what is the business, as if its not related to cars/there is a need for cars and there is a need for you to be on the books well say hello to a bum search by mr tax man....

If you can do it for £1700 in your name do that dude, worth it...