ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Comparing a clio with a focus

ford focus
Ive got a 1.2 clio extreme 02 reg and Ive been offered a 1.6 focus 03 reg, can people compare these 2 cars on for example.

Would the petrol be a lot more on the focus, also would the tax.

I currently get 39mpg on my clio.

Im trying to keep a cheap running car so if the focus would be a lot dearer I'm not going to bother.

White 197
I got 33-35 mpg from my 1.6 Zetec. They are a very good car and I would certainly recommend one, especially if it is a Zetec.

A focus 1.6 is quite slow really. The 2.0 esp is only group 8 & a lot better car. My old girl has one, and she looking to sell it.

There just as cheep really mate, and a lot better, i looked at focus' and the 2.0 is a lot better for little more money than the 1.8

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
me bro had a 2.0 esp zetec wernt a bad car. nuttin rapid but hell of a lot quicker than a 1.6 zetec there slow as!

C

Cupster

I couldn't imagine a 1.6 focus beating a 1.2 clio tbh, me other half has a 1.6 astra 16v and she got taught by my mate in a 206 1.1, lol.

Your clio would be just as quick and cheaper to run, stick with it imo.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The 1.6 Zetec engine feels slow, but get it spinning and it pulls well enough...the heavy flywheel does kill it a bit though. I'd be very surprised if a 1.2 Clio had the legs on one.

I keep meaning to get a 0-100 mph speedo video of mine Focus...I'll try this weekend. Anyone with a 1.2 Clio able to do the same?