ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Component speaker upgrade

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Planning a small audio upgrade to the 182 at some point this year, I've spent ages reading the many threads on here, but not found what I'm looking for. Finding the right component speakers for the front seems an absolute minefield.
I already have a decent alpine ida-x305s head unit with stalk controls, as well as an alpine swe-1200 under-seat sub. I'm planning on adding a little sound deadening without going for the full frayz style install. I just set the fader to not use the rear coaxial speakers, no point putting sound through old Renault coaxials IMO.

Planning on a KTP-445A amp for minimal wiring to amp the speakers (4x45w RMS), but the last piece of the puzzle is front components, I'm sure it's pointless to amp 18 year old Renault speakers that are probably past their best, current setup doesn't sound bad at all, but lacks a bit of clarity in the mids and highs plus not quite enough volume there either for my taste.

What decent quality components are out there that I can install with minimal wiring, i.e. not running crossover wires from door to dash etc. Ideally using the factory wiring?
I've seen the Pioneer TS-Q131C mentioned a lot, for being easy to fit, but they seem very cheap and contemporary reviews on here aren't great, I assume they're just cheap pioneers with Renault specific plugs on? I've also seen these:
Can I use those to connect a more generic set of 13cm components to the factory wiring?

Basically, what's the easiest solution for decent sounding amped front components for an idiot like myself to install (minimal wiring work), that's not done much with ICE? Wouldn't want to spend more than £100-£200 ideally.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
The Rockford Fosgate P152-S looks decent, integrated crossover too which sounds like it'll make wiring easier. Does the factory wiring go directly from the HU and the door speakers separately, or are they "daisy chained" from one to the other?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The Rockford Fosgate P152-S looks decent, integrated crossover too which sounds like it'll make wiring easier. Does the factory wiring go directly from the HU and the door speakers separately, or are they "daisy chained" from one to the other?
They're split somewhere in the loom iirc