ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Component speakers - Advice needed

Tungy
Right, I'm looking to upgrade my infinity coaxials up front as my valver is stripped and they just aren't up to the job.

I'm interested in components as I've heard good things about them but haven't got a clue when it coems to audio. How much could I pick an average set up for. Looking on caraudiosecurity and they range from about £35 up to whatever you want to pay. Some quite decent looking ones around the 50, 60 quid mark but again I don't know what I'm looking at.

Are best results when paired with an amp or will they be fine just running through the crossover?

Thanks Brad

I wud suggest spending money to save money as you seem to be already upgrading.

-Spend extra to save in future
-Instalation
-Coaxial vs components

I wud say to go for either diamond audio or rainbow.
These are the best quality u can pick up, i wud spend that extra few quid to stop urself upgrading in the future, as i have done a similar thing in the past. Go for at least £40 - £50 above ur budget and u will find a great deal of difference compared with ur infinity - if they are installed correctly.

Amp wise i wud find a purpose made amp, probably from the same maker would be best. Also make sure u rewire everything from standard!
As the old cabling will be low quality.

The installation can make your speakers sound 1000x better.

If looking at specs try not to think of rms as more power - meaning better sound. This is not the case, i would say that you should look at a better quality speaker material -
paper is bad
silk is probably the best ( im sure sum1 will say different.)

Coaxial are obviously going to worse as they are doing two jobs. they are basically a midwoofer with a tweeter stuck in the middle. Ok for the gf who does know any better, but for quality you want to split it up - component.

The crossover allows the deep basey sounds to go to the midwoofer and the higher notes to go to the tweeter.

Basically spend that extra on installation and the speaker and u'll love me for it.

:) :)

Tungy
Thanks mate very helpful.

I was looking at a few Pioneer sets, as I have a Pioneer headunit, but brand doesn't have to match. I will probably drill by dash to fit the tweeters.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Thanks mate very helpful.

I was looking at a few Pioneer sets, as I have a Pioneer headunit, but brand doesn't have to match. I will probably drill by dash to fit the tweeters.
Pioneer are a good quality speaker if you're not wanting to spend a fortune so have a look at higher quality pioneer and you should be pretty happy. If you budget around £100 you'll pick up a stella set of components. If you are looking for higher quality look at the frequency range, the higher this is the clearer the speaker will be, however they wont cover everything.

Once you've found components that you like in the price range with a good freq look at the RMS power and go look for an amp.

It is best to match the RMS power as closely to the speakers as possible, if you cant get a matching RMS in you're price range try and go for an amp slightly over the RMS of the speakers, underpowering the speakers will blow them much quicker than overpowering them (trust me, I've done it before).

Tungy

Stuck between the decision of whther to buy a scuttle panel relocated induction kit, or a pair of components atm. Hehe