ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Component Speakers Without Tweeters?

1.6 Ford Focus
Is there anywhere I can buy component speakers without the tweeters? Im tempted to buy some new speakers to replace the ones in the doors with Christmas money but I don't want to go through the hassle of taking the dash off to get replace the tweeters and everywhere I look that sell them comes with the door speakers and tweeters.

172 cup
I was in the same boat as you, decided I needed new speakers, so I bought the straight swap pioneer ones which plug straight in. My biggest concern was the dash removal. There's a comprehensive dash removal tutorial in the guides section. Its a lot easier than you would think, took me less than 10 mins to remove the dash and once I figured out how to do it took me less than 5 mins to replace.

Man-up, learn to remove the dash - its easy.

1.6 Ford Focus
I was in the same boat as you, decided I needed new speakers, so I bought the straight swap pioneer ones which plug straight in. My biggest concern was the dash removal. There's a comprehensive dash removal tutorial in the guides section. Its a lot easier than you would think, took me less than 10 mins to remove the dash and once I figured out how to do it took me less than 5 mins to replace.

Man-up, learn to remove the dash - its easy.

It looks fairly easy to do, my main concern is will it go on perfectly as it was before? I heard people say that once you remove the dash it will be rattling and such after.

Similar thing happened to my door card when I removed that, it rattles a bit more when I turn the music up than it used to before I had it off.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
You could maybe try some mid/bass drivers as the standard tweeters will still give the high range, but I'm not sure I've never tried it and mid/bass drivers are expensive, they also recommend an enclosure for them so having them free in the doors they may sound like absolute s**te. The other option would be coaxial speakers, they will sound good but as has been said its better to change them all for a full component set as proper components are always going to be better than coaxials. I had components in my old 1.2 clio and the dash didn't rattle at all after they were fitted.

Ollie's Silver Cup
my main concern is will it go on perfectly as it was before? I heard people say that once you remove the dash it will be rattling and such after.

Mine rattles less after being removed and re-fitted than it did originally :rasp:

Same goes for the door cards and other interior panels

10220_163983401970_660606970_3212351_4082288_n.jpg

Once it was all back together following that photo, the whole interior rattled less!

172 cup
It looks fairly easy to do, my main concern is will it go on perfectly as it was before? I heard people say that once you remove the dash it will be rattling and such after.

Similar thing happened to my door card when I removed that, it rattles a bit more when I turn the music up than it used to before I had it off.

Just be careful not to break anything, when I did it on my 03' the plastic clips seemed to still be good, follow the guide and you shouldn't have any problems.
Mine rattles less after being removed and re-fitted than it did originally :rasp:
Iin some cases, just as Oliver said, you could be fixing any rattles you might have now! I have not had any rattles and it fits nice and snug. I'm in noway a mechincal type person, but the guide really does give a thorough explaination.