ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compounds and pads For a DA?

Clio
Hi, so im soon to buying my first DA (DAS-6 Pro) so im looking for some suggestions on a small selection of Compounds and pads? I've looked at the AF revitalise kit, but wondering if anyone has any better suggestions?
Thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Menz and Hexlogic for me. If it's for Clio paint 203s with the correct technique will give decent bite to knock out some light marks, Not 100% of course.

From years of using a DA and rotary I still find that combo best for ease of use and performance.

Clio
so what colour hex pad would you suggest with 203s? and would this need to then be refined with another combo? also hoping to get a small seletion (3-4 different levels of correction) if you could recommend any others? (plus the level of correction they offer)
Also the best pad to use with a cleanser (rejuvinate for example) and a glaze like Amigo?
Sorry for all the questions but i'd rather not buy s**t thats no good!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Menz and Hexlogic for me. If it's for Clio paint 203s with the correct technique will give decent bite to knock out some light marks, Not 100% of course.

From years of using a DA and rotary I still find that combo best for ease of use and performance.

Which manzerna mate?

i use green and black hex logic pads mate.

Clio World Series

Ive just brought menz 203s and orange hex logic then found out my car needs a respray on the one side so got wait a few more mouths too try my da with 203s :/

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
1 tip. Don't use an orange hex on new paint. Start with the softest pad.

Clio World Series
The spray job is 2/3 shades lighter thab my orginal glacier white and the paint has peeled thats how i noticed it was resprayed wen a chap came out and noticed a dent then the paint work

Golf GT & A4 Avant
renault sport cars are typically harder paint than standard non sport clio's

an orange Hex pad and 203s is going to be brutal on non sport paint and inflict a large amount if its own damage.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
a TCE model is not a Renault Sport model. therefore I would have thought it will have softer paint, but you won't know for certain will you start to try and correct it.

I'm not sure if it is still the case, but the Renault Sport models were sprayed at a different factory to the general cars and the paint was much harder.

Clio World Series
Do you think I need too change my hex logics due too my paint type I no its not a Renault sport but there still both glacier white?

Clio
May be a very stupid question, but is there a way of testing how hard the paint is without going at it with the DA and then thinking, s**t thats a bit soft?

Clio World Series
Could you check with the manufacture what paint type is or does the paint types get softer over time I'm not sure
PS sorry too interfere with your thread .

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Kev is the person to give a structured reason as to ehat makes paint hard.

But it's not the colour that makes it hard, it's the process. That's why I said the RS come out of a different factory, and historically the finish has been harder than non RS that are painted in the main factory.

Doesn't matter they are the same colour, different factory, different environment, different conditions.

As is always said Danny, start with the mildest combo first time round until you know the type of paint you're working with. Once you have panels resprayed these will be different again to the origianl paint even though its the same paint colour

@Ryanj no way of testing that I know of until you start correction

Clio
Could you check with the manufacture what paint type is or does the paint types get softer over time I'm not sure
PS sorry too interfere with your thread .
not to worry mate, I made this thread to learn this stuff!

Kev is the person to give a structured reason as to ehat makes paint hard.

But it's not the colour that makes it hard, it's the process. That's why I said the RS come out of a different factory, and historically the finish has been harder than non RS that are painted in the main factory.

Doesn't matter they are the same colour, different factory, different environment, different conditions.

As is always said Danny, start with the mildest combo first time round until you know the type of paint you're working with. Once you have panels resprayed these will be different again to the origianl paint even though its the same paint colour

@Ryanj no way of testing that I know of until you start correction
fair enough, thanks! So with menz 203s for example then, what hexlogic pad would you start with? Basically which pads would you suggest I buy, as there's a few different cars that I've been asked to do so different pain hardness etc

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Use 203s with green or orange hex pads. But only when heavy correction is required.

Also get menzerna 106 and hexlogic white or black for softer paints or minor refinning