ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compression Test - What's the easiest way to dissable the injection and ignition syst

Skyline R32 GT-R
Guys, I want to do a dry compression trust on the wife's 172 cup (ph2). Whats the simplest way to dissable the fuel injection and ignition systems ?? Take ecu plug off coil pack to isolate the ignition ?? What about the injection?? :)

Re: Compression Test - What's the easiest way to dissable the injection and ignition

Pull the fuel pump fuse out

04012008027.jpg

Small green 30amp one in this pic - top left as you look at the fuse box in the engine bay

Skyline R32 GT-R
Re: Compression Test - What's the easiest way to dissable the injection and ignition

Cheers bud so the bottom left fuse in your pic? Will it trigger an engine management light? Also will pulling the ecu connector off the coil pack dissable the plug leads to ?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Cheers bud so the bottom left fuse in your pic? Will it trigger an engine management light? Also will pulling the ecu connector off the coil pack dissable the plug leads to ?

Yes it will disable the plug leads, i think Phil is talking about the small light green fuse.

Skyline R32 GT-R

I'm colour blind though....seriously!!

HBT 172 Cup

Sod touching anything in the fuse box. The ingition and coils wont be an issue as youve removed it all to access the spark plug holes anyway. Just unplug the 4 injector plugs they are easy to get to.

Or that - but it's hardly hard to pull a fuse

Yes mate it's the bottom left one on the pic I attached.

Skyline R32 GT-R

My Dorris can pull the fuse... lol. I'm looking for 190psi or more with not more than a 5% variance between all 4 cylinders right guys ?

Skyline R32 GT-R

Cheers Dan..im going to do this tomorrow.......weather permitting!!