ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer Parts

AK

M240i
Where's the best place to buy them?

Looking for a graphics card slot (not the card, the bit the card slots into) for my ProServer N40L.

Google is just bringing up links the purchase the whole system.

AK

M240i
Magic. Cheers.

So if I'm on Farnell how do I find the bit I need :eek:, I've no idea what it is/part number haha :eek:.

AK

M240i
That looks the same mate, cheers.

I might PM Gareth just incase before I order, he's got one of these boxes too.

AK

M240i
Maybe... any link :eek:?

I'm semi-techno-n00b when it comes to buying parts. I can fit them easy enough haha :eek:.

Evo 5 RS
I'd be careful with the above as HP motherboards are normally ECS AFAIK

Also they're not always standard form factor so replace with what you pull out

Bus w**ker
I'm semi-techno-n00b when it comes to buying parts. I can fit them easy enough haha :eek:.

You're a full r****d n00b and if you found it easy fitting the parts you wouldn't have trashed the PCI slot being a heavy handed mong. I've never known anyone to break a PCI slot before fitting a GFX card PMSL.

AK

M240i
It's giving me a fuzzy line along the screen when displaying certain colours on the screen.

I may be better just buying an ATV and streaming to that.

AK

M240i
Also, since this thread is up, can anyone link me to a sound card for it :eek:?

Plan is to hook up some wireless speakers to it eventually for music, controlled through the iPad.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
WTF?

I wouldn't want to try to start re-soldering in a new slot, in terms of replacement motherboard I can't imagine you'd get much joy and it would probably end up costing just as much to buy a new N40L. What graphics card have you got? My XFX 6450 works as a soundcard also, although there is a bit of fiddling around to get it working over RDC ( certainly with 2008 R2 anyway ).

AK

M240i
LOL! I didn't actually think it would need soldered, I'll just leave it till I've got a device to stream too.

:eek:.

DCi
he posted a picture of the curvy clip on a PCI-e slot in another thread

i wouldnt fancy replacing that haha