ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

condensation

Black 182 f&f
Right i am gettin a lot of condensation in my car when i get into somtimes my car can sit for 5 days without movin as i am bust with work the now... has anyone got any idea how i am gettin this promblem ?

VW Golf TDI
try using you air con all the time, it creates a dry heat and it wont steam up, Mine is on all the time and the uses more petrol thing is just a myth, well i think so anyway

VW Golf TDI
i dont think it does tbh, i leave mine on all year round tho, As when the car steams up it just pisses me off

Civic Si
i'm pretty sure its a fact that the air con does use more fuel even tho i imagine its only a bit more

Clio f7r Trackcar
try driving a mrk1 clio track/race car in this weather then. polycarb windows love to condensation up! really annoying!

Fiesta ST
is anything wet in the car? damp boot my dad has this prob (hes a window cleaner), and with all the wet stuff in his boot his car always fogs up.

Mazda MX5 1.8
mine does the same

i end up with condensation patches on the inside of the windscreen & sunroof which is a pain and takes ages to dry off (and dripped on my passenger at the weekend - boohoo! :D)

dont really have an answer for it tho but it is a pain.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Warm air caused by you meets a cold surface i.e the windows and you get condensation , nothing you can do about it other than put the heater on the windscreen clear setting , thats what i leave mine on all year round , clears in a few seconds so problem solved .

It probably leaks water too.

Check under the passenger footwell, under the seat, around where the aerial is and under and around the boot.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Could be leaks , but my 182 steams up like fcuk and it doesn't have any leaks , my 172 leaked through the tailgate grommet , and it didn't steam up anymore than my 182 does . Always worth a check though .

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iv got this prob at the mo, nowt you can really do. i find opening the windows and leaving the a/c on helps alot tho

dehumidifer in it for 30 mins is also a guid idea

LY V6 with Recaros
I usually just stick the air con on, that clears it up straight away, although for the first few minutes it keeps steaming up again, o the air con is on and off.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
lift back seats up(bottom bit) mines wet under there.

My 172 was piss wet under the back seat and spare wheel well . I was gonna sort it but sold it before i got round to it . They can leak from the black grommets in the tailgate . Take em out , silicon sealant them back in .

BLACKGROMMETPIC.jpg