ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confused about alloys

182BG
i don't mean what shape are they, before anyone asks lol

Basically i eventually want something different from the 182cup alloys that i have, my original choice was Trophy wheels, but i would like to know what other choices I have?
saw someone on here who had OZ Ultraleggs, but heard that they have to be bored out because they come in the wrong offset?

Can anyone tell me what exact size im looking for, and what alloys are available in the correct size

don't really have a preference, except for, they need to be anthracite, lighter than the alloys i have now and 16inch :)

i get confused with all this offset shizzle

Cheers for your help

Lee.

RS Clio 200
182 alloy are ET45, as are the Trophy alloys.
The ultraleggeras are ET37, and on the 182 would be slightly too wide if ure car is lowered. I only just get away with them on my 172 which has standard offset of 48.5. They do look awesome being as far out as they are though.

I reckon u could get away with anything upto ET40 if ure lowered, ET37 might be fine if ure not. U need to make sure ure tyres dont come out beyond the wheel arches though (at the top of the tyre)

182BG
ahh i see

so would be best if it wasn't lowered at all, or how low could i go?
been looking at the eibach pro springs, which apparently lower your car 20mm at the front and 15mm at the rear (according to k-tec)

RS Clio 200
at a guess id say:

if you put ultraleggeras on at ET37, lowering aint an option, the tyre is going to rub in the inside of the wheel arch if you do.

If you stick with ET45, ie trophys, then you can go as low as you want.

If it helps though... stick with the current alloys, and use the money you would have spent to get a proper set of coilovers... the difference is immense.

Your best bet for lowering and offsets is Fred. He seems to like his bumpers scraping the road. He also got it spot on with my ultraleggeras... no rubbing or catching at all.

you would be fine mate with the oz a couple of peeps on her have them and are lowered and no rubbing, its only 7mm, i was told wider track beter handling, and the 172 cup offset is 38.5 iirc

Cooper S JCW
Wheels to be exact fit need:

centre bore - 60.1
pcd - 4 x 100
offset - Et.35 to Et.45

the lower the offset goes from your cars standard wheels the further out the wheels comes from your arch and vice versa. If you lower it too much and the wheel is too far out it will catch. If you take the wheel too far in it will narrow your track and screw up the handling. I thought you could also overstrain your hubs if you take the offset too far away fro standard?!? (may have made that up!)

Also if you increase the wheel diamtere the tyres fitted will need a lower side wall ratio to allow the speedo to read correctly. This will give a rougher ride.

All down to personal preference!

Clio 197
I ran ET37 wheels with Eibach Sportline springs (-25mm) with NO problems.

Trackdays... day-to-day... no problems what so ever.

Tyre wear was spot-on even too.

RS Clio 200
you would be fine mate with the oz a couple of peeps on her have them and are lowered and no rubbing, its only 7mm, i was told wider track beter handling, and the 172 cup offset is 38.5 iirc

that is true, but the different models have different hubs.
its wider on the 182 than the 172ph2, hence 45 .vs. 48.5.

I ran ET37 wheels with Eibach Sportline springs (-25mm) with NO problems.

Trackdays... day-to-day... no problems what so ever.

Tyre wear was spot-on even too.

Think that answers your question if you go for those springs

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
Or you could just get some of these babys:D

Attachments

• IMG00001 (Small).JPG
    IMG00001 (Small).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 41