ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connected ph2 horn with ph1 stalk, long beep and then no horn

172 Turbo
MOT tomorrow, and couldn't get resistors to turn off my airbag light so refitted my standard wheel, connected it all up (including the horn connection) reconnected the battery and tested the ph1 stalk, all working and airbag light off.

Pushed the airbag in place and as I did there was a long beep and then nothing from either the push or the stalk.

Fuse looks ok, but changed it anyway, put it all back to the Sabelt, nothing, removed the ph1 stalk and put it back to ph2 still nothing.

Good news, air bag light is off 😂

What have I done, I assume it didn't like having the two horns?

dan's cast offs.
worth a try, i've had it plenty of times, check one over before mot and horn works fine, get down there and no bloody horn!!

172 Turbo
Went on to fail on a rear bearing, hazard switch and the emissions being way over! Wish I'd never worried about the airbag light now!

"Has it been tuned?" Says the tester whilst doing the emissions... "Ever so slightly!" After the road brake test, he got out "goes doesn't it!"

172 Turbo
hazard switch is designed to die on them at test!!

how come he did a tapley test?

Was told to insist on one because of the Quaife, but as soon as I mentioned it 3 MOTs ago they've always road tested it rather than use the rollers.

Emissions are my own fault, it's got the ktec cat and it went in cold, will thrash it on the way to the retest.