ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

connecting my iPOD!

hey guys, i jus bought my apline head unit and just before i buy the ipod adapter i wanted to know if i can use my ipod with the rear aux ports instead of spending a monkey on the alpine connection thing? my head unit has two sets of aux ports. any info would be great. (if any of this is wrong or confusing, yes ive just bought my car and yes im a newbie! mk1 phase 3 by the way!) :)

172 cup TT

unsure... BUT... when over in america recently my mate bought a cool thing about the size of 2 sugar cubes which went onto the top of the ipod.. basically you set it to say 99.9 (radio setting) and the head unit radio to the same freq and it pics up what ever is playing on the ipod.. kinda cool... works at home and everywhere.. maybe worth considering...

Yes you can but you wont have control of the ipod like you do with the proper cable.

FM Modulators (what the sugar cube things are) are crap quality.

i think floodie is on about an itrip not an fm modulator actually itrips arnt legal over here its basically pirate radio

To answer the original question. yes you can use the port by using a minijack - dual phono lead which youd normally use to connect your ipod to a hi-fi or such like. you wouldnt have any control over the iPod at all through the headunit and youd have to get an in-car charger. I got a Dension IceLink which is absolutely great. Theyre £99 for an Alpine unit but i think the Alpine one is supposed to be ok aswell. Basically for ease of use get the cable.

just fitted an ipod interface to my girlfirnds alpine car stereo. well worth the money! very smart piece of kit

172 cup TT

howdy - yeh the thing i was going on about is apparently illegal in this country due to transmitting a pirate radio station or something i dunno... i havent heard the quality of it TBH but the guys a tw*t anyway so i hope its crap...

if u want a good ipod charger and a digital modulator for ur i ipod get a cardock ! from

www.everything ipod.co.uk