ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connections - Install not powering - Help

Full Fat 182
Hi all,

I've got this morning off so connected up everything necessary for the new front door speakers I've put in but it's not working / the amps not turning on.

Here are pics of how everything is connected. The only thing I can think is that maybe the grey wire under the blue in the first pic is the remote wire... although they're usually blue? I don't want to go cutting around wires I'm not sure about. Any help / advice would be massively appreciated.

Remote wire..?
remotewire_zps8df0c46b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Crossover

crossoverremote_zps490c23d1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Amp Input

speakerinputremote_zps8e24088b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Amp Output

speakeroutputbatteryremote_zps41322c1d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Arctic 182
Have you got the ISO connector that came with the head unit? Normally the 2 existing plugs go strait into that & the remote is easily identified. If you have 100% got the right remote, double check fuses & wiring. Also, check RCA cables as well, I had a dodgy pair in my wiring kit (cheap) & they caused me a load of hassle.

Full Fat 182
Have you got the ISO connector that came with the head unit? Normally the 2 existing plugs go strait into that & the remote is easily identified. If you have 100% got the right remote, double check fuses & wiring. Also, check RCA cables as well, I had a dodgy pair in my wiring kit (cheap) & they caused me a load of hassle.

Yep I've got the connector... The grey wire does actually come out on the otherside to where the remote wire is on the ISO... does that mean it is the remote wire? Complete noob to all this... I did think maybe that means the grey is the remote but it seems very unusual for grey to be the remote wire. The rear speakers that haven't been changed yet are still working fine, headunit is also on... I'll have a check of the amp fuses, they were fine a couple weeks ago when I got it. The RCA cables are from an Autoleads kit. From what I gather (although it's Halfords fodder) they're generally pretty ok leads.

Clio 182
Multimeter on amp, should be 12v on live/remote when stereo on, if not u have a power fault (fuse, broken cable etc). If they are both pulling 12v and not going on it could be an earth fault (where have you earthed amp?).

Full Fat 182
Cheers again Thomas, I'll give that a go and see if it helps. And Skinz, I hadn't bothered checking the earth wire as I gathered it'd be fine but just had a look and turned out the crimp has come loose and the wires not connected. I'll reconnect it in the morning.. fingers crossed it'll work then!

Last edited:
  Full Fat 182
So a little update... Good news first, I now have power. Sound is coming through as well, power to the woofers is nice and strong... however the sound is very quiet and bassy and the tweeters don't appear to have any sound coming through at all! I've had a look at all the wiring and every connection seems tight and connected properly. So I'm abit stumped.

One problem down, another to solve. Again, any help / suggestions would be great!