ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connector under drivers seat on Cup

Just taken out the drivers seat in the Cup as its being replaced. There is an electrical conenctor to the seat which must be for the seat belt pre-tensioner and seat belt warning signal. Pictures below:

C:\Personal Files\Travel\HK52 LNR\Drivers seat connector">

C:\Personal Files\Travel\HK52 LNR\Under driver seat connectors">

Question is will this cause the car any issues? If so, what action do i need to take? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Not sure about the Cup, but the ones in the Saxo VTS were to do with the ABS system, and airbag deployment (IIRC), probably worth taking a trip to halfords and reading the haynes manual as to wht they actually do.

this will cause the airbag light to come on on the dash

the airbag will become inoperable

unless you have another way of connecting them, i think it is possible though to reconnect them, just takes a bit of work

Ok, on the cup....... youve got the pretensioners, but not the side airbags right?

well, if you wanna keep the pretensioner then just find a mounting point on the new subframes and jobs-a-goodun, if you dont want it itll cause issues like airbags not firing in a crash situation as the whole circuit has to be 100% working, so you can terminate it instead, if you wanna do this, PM me and Ill dig out my info.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 22 July 2003this will cause the airbag light to come on on the dash

unless you have another way of connecting them, i think it is possible though to reconnect them, just takes a bit of work

er ye, as roamer says cups dont have airbags in the seats.

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 22 July 2003

i meant the one in the steering wheel, toavoid any confusion

Thanks.

Im looking to ditch the seat belt so will want to terminate the connector. Ill PM Roamer.

and yes no airbags in seats just up front and no ABS.