ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Under seat wiring help!

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
So I’m swapping my front seats for what I assumed was a like pair.
My existing seats have a black plug and a grey plug which plug into the loom. Note the grey plug seems to have 3 cables going to it.
DF80E8D4-43BA-4479-A5EB-6971CFBEBDA0.jpeg

The replacement drivers seat I purchased has the black plug but the grey plug has been snipped off and only seemed to have 1 cable anyway.
The replacement passenger seat seems to have nothing other than the black plug.
My question is simple. Will the replacement seats if installed as is, so with just the black plug connected, cause a load of dash lights to be illuminated? I think the black plug is air bags, grey all the other safety and warning devices.
Presumably the pre-tensioners etc won’t work.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
So I’ve answered my own question with a little help from the FB group. Black is airbag and grey plug is the pre-tensioner etc.

If the grey isn’t connected it will throw the airbag light on the dash.

So has anyone swapped the electrical bits from one seat to another?? I’m led to believe it’s possible but has anyone done it??
I’m equally aware a resistor would cancel the lights but I wouldn’t have a fully functioning seat.