ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connects 2 iPhone3 to 5

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I was wondering if anybody could help. I have a connects2 in the headunit for the Clio. I originally had a 3GS until recently - very cool I know. I now have a 5C and was wondering if the converter plugs would play music, if there is another way around this or if connects2 now does not work if there is an alternative I can use? Even a cheap aux cable of some sort

Thanks

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Good man. I have one just need to try it.

Only thing is even when I plug it into my phone it says it can't be detected.... Will try first!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Bought a new adapter today plugging it into the connects2 it charges the phone but the music comes through the phone. Any ideas please?

BMW 320d SE
You're probably going to need the official Apple 30 pin to lightning connector as it supports music transfer through it.

SQ5
It's worth buying the adapter that has a short bit of lead too, makes the phone feel normal that's having a massive block on the bottom

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
It's worth buying the adapter that has a short bit of lead too, makes the phone feel normal that's having a massive block on the bottom

Do you have a link please mate?

You're probably going to need the official Apple 30 pin to lightning connector as it supports music transfer through it.

Is it this http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter
Looks the exact same as that which I bought for 99p, strange that it charges but no sound but it seems to have worked Dan?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I have just the connects 2, which plugs into the 3.5 jack?

How does that work? From the connects2 the wire comes out which has the plug for the old iPhone 3/4 can you buy a new plug for the connects2 as this would be ideal?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My one plugs into the rear of the CD player, deleting the cd changer, then a wire goes from the connects2 box, and an 3.5m comes from the box and into my phone. Works perfectly on my iphone 6. It is pricey, like £30 iirc.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
My one plugs into the rear of the CD player, deleting the cd changer, then a wire goes from the connects2 box, and an 3.5m comes from the box and into my phone. Works perfectly on my iphone 6. It is pricey, like £30 iirc.

Sounds teh same as mine but from the connects2 box the wire is for an iPhone, is it possible to just replace the cable for an AUX one?

Do you have a link to just the kit anyway? Thanks

SQ5
@DannyR how does that connect to the standard radio?

It doesn't.

Reviews for this expensive Apple product is terrible!

Anybody know if this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...405?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a879819cd

Would fit my 2001 tape deck HU. I know it says 2005 on the listing but I thought the back of the HU's are all the same?

Really? I've got one in the scirocco for the MDI and works perfectly.

I did get mine on eBay, genuine £18.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
iphone 3 charger like below supports Audio

Apple iPhone 3 4 4s usb charging charger cable 1m 3m ipad 2 3 iPod-500x500.jpg

New iPhone charger like below DOES NOT support Audio
iphone-6-6-plus-lightning-to-usb-sync-charge-cable-white-p48804-240.jpg

For new charger the converter is needed with the 3.5mm Jack

jnec.jpg

SQ5
Is that in general or just for connects 2? As the 0.2m converter works but the Lightning lead doesn't in the scirocco?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Is that in general or just for connects 2? As the 0.2m converter works but the Lightning lead doesn't in the scirocco?

Its general mate, I phoned Car Audio Direct and i can only have a 3.5mm Jack from my head unit. I can't have a charger for my 6 as the new 5 / 6 chargers do not support audio in any way unlike the older iPhone 1 /2 /3 /4 that do support audio

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
So is that just a speaker? Or does that somehow link up to the standard radio, then play out of the car speakers?

I've got an old (30 pin) iPod lead going from the glove box to the back of the head unit.

That plugs into the 30 pin iPod dock and then you stream audio to it from any Bluetooth device. The audio then comes through the speakers.

I made a thread on it if you're interested. Search 'Cheap Bluetooth mod'

SQ5
Its general mate, I phoned Car Audio Direct and i can only have a 3.5mm Jack from my head unit. I can't have a charger for my 6 as the new 5 / 6 chargers do not support audio in any way unlike the older iPhone 1 /2 /3 /4 that do support audio

Absolute pish.

If you have something enabled for the old 30 pin connector using the 30 pin to lightning converter allows audio.

The MDI in the VW's have either a 30 pin adapter or USB input. Plugging in the Lightning charger to the USB doesn't work at all, plugging in a 30-lightning converter to the 30 pin interface lead works fine with audio and control.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
iphone 3 charger like below supports Audio

For new charger the converter is needed with the 3.5mm Jack

Thanks Marc, how much for the bottom one then? so this would work the connects2 and my iPhone5? This looks a bit more sturdy than the bigger one