ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Considering a 172/Cup/182...

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 03 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 02 July 20050% means f**k all when you loose 1.5k as soon as you drive it out the dealership. Unless you can get an awsome Friends and Family discount at Renault - dont bother buying new.

No but buying a new car gives you a 3 Year Warranty, tax for a year and free roadside assistance for a year, which also gives peace of mind.

Also you get the opportunity to own the car from new and look after it properly, if you decide you want to change, you can chop in in with the dealer and start again...

Wanna save money and get a decent car, buy a 2002 Polo. Want to have fun, go get a Renaultsport Clio!!! You only live once... you might aswell enjoy it!!

Mate you aint teaching me nothing new. Ive owned 2 new cars in my lifetime (and lost a packet of both) and like you say all those things are lovely BUT they aint worth 4 or 5 grand! You can join the AA (the package renault give you costs bugger all anyway) and you can buy warrenties. At the end the day their all great little cars! right from the mk1 172 to the new red beast. All Im saying is that given the choice I wouldnt wanna loose so much money again! This is a discussion forum and im voicing my views as are you.

Sinclair C5

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 03 July 2005

Wanna save money and get a decent car, buy a 2002 Polo. Want to have fun, go get a Renaultsport Clio!!! You only live once... you might aswell enjoy it!!
If live was so simple I could think of a lot of cars Id buy before a clio sport for enjoyment. :confused:

cheers again for the replies! so does the 172 have ABS, and the cup comes without? think i will be going for the non-cup 172, buy it outright, and just go without a holiday, dont really want to commit myself to more finance etc...

Elise/VX220/R26

If I had my clio time over again I would get a cup 172 no question. Its far better looking than a 182, the worst of the depreciation is out of the way, its more of a headturner too. But if you want the toys obviously thats not a cups game.

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 03 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by stehodges on 03 July 2005

Get a late 172.

Have just bought a Jan 04 (53 plate) 172, it has all the gadgets a 182 has. Saves a bit
tell me its not black and ur from glasgow area?

It is black, but Im from Lincolnshire.

I bought RobDs on here.

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 03 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 02 July 2005172 Cup is a lot of fun if you can drive, if you dont think you can or are unsure of your ability, id go for a 172.

/y0z[/QUOTE]
Its comments like this that make certain cup owners sound so self righteous.

Its a fact... its the same for buying any car with ABS / without ABS.

If you can drive properly then not having ABS isnt a problem. Its nothing to do with whether it is a Cup or not. It could be a 205 Gti with or without ABS.

/y0z