ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Considering coming back to a Clio

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Since selling my Clio 1.2 and getting an Ignis Sport, i've quite missed the comfy factor of the Clio's and just generally how tidy they can look with just a few basic modifications.

Been really thinking about selling the Ignis, and going for either a Trophy or 182 Cup.

Would i be stupid to come back to Clio's or is it a wise move, i won't actually buy it until i get a job and is settled in it for at least 2 months.

But am i being delusional that the Clio's are comfortable, or am I in the wrong car right now?

Nobody can really answer that, it's all down to personal preference. Someone used to stripped out track cars will find it very comfortable, whereas someone who's been used to driving big german barges may find it back breaking.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Certainly more comfortable than an Ignis, they are very basic. Don't just look at the Clio's though!

Did you enjoy your 1.2, what were the reasons for selling? That would be my starting point :) For example, did you get rid because it was uncomfy, boring etc or was it just the speed.

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Remember the reason you sold your last one? Was it
1) fancied a change?
2) fed up with it always breaking?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Did you enjoy your 1.2, what were the reasons for selling? That would be my starting point :) For example, did you get rid because it was uncomfy, boring etc or was it just the speed.
Yeah I loved my 1.2, loved the look of it when I got it looking its best, but the reason why i sold it was because it was about to die.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Because there pointless. In essence a poverty spec 182 with shite seats.

Get a 172 cup - at least they are differentiated from the other RS's. This is a discussion for another thread though so back on topic...

I would like to know more about your explanation of why they are pointless. You really seem to know what you are talking about so please enlighten us. Yes it is a discussion for another thread but i have yet to get a proper explanation from so many folk like you that seem to jump on the 182 cup bashing bandwagon. I would argue that your post is more pointless than the 182 cup.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Feel free to use the search function to find information on the topic your are questioning. It's a personal opinion and I was offering advice from my experiences.

Swift Sport
If you want comfy why sell an Ignis to get a Clio? There's much better hatches out there that offer comfort.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Feel free to use the search function to find information on the topic your are questioning. It's a personal opinion and I was offering advice from my experiences.

I know its a personal opinion but i would expect that if you are offering your opinion to someone then you back it up with substance. just saying dont get one doesnt offer the reasons why for them to make their own mind up. Otherwise, whats the point in posting the message in the first place.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I know its a personal opinion but i would expect that if you are offering your opinion to someone then you back it up with substance. just saying dont get one doesnt offer the reasons why for them to make their own mind up. Otherwise, whats the point in posting the message in the first place.

Boosh obviously appreciates the leather seats/xenons/climate. And the cup doesn't weigh much less than a ff so losing these aren't worth it to him. Thats the reason he doen't like them, any idiot can guess at that and its more than likely the right assumption.

Personally I wouldn't say not to get a 182 cup, if you dont want or need those extra's then get what you like imo.

DCi 100
Pain in the ass trying to get coilovers sorted for a 182 Cup aswell much?

Comfort all depends on the seats imo!