ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Content-Aware Fill - Coming soon to Photoshop...

It's very clever but it is taking any skill away from the editing.

Press a few buttons and it's totally transformed.

GW RS200
This looks pretty cool. Reserving my judgement on it though until I see it though. Nearly wet my knickers when I first saw content aware scale, and in practice that rarely worked as well as the CS4 demos suggested it would!

Nimbus 197
what the hell! that's awesome but creating something out of nothing with a few clicks seems too good to be true.

Nikon D700
as mentioned above. really interested to see what this looks like on a monitor, rather than compressed video...!

Imagine it would c**k up things like city skylines and faces/people...!

dk

911 GTS Cab
That looks too good to be true, how on earth does it know how to finish the picture off on the last one

It's very clever but it is taking any skill away from the editing.

Press a few buttons and it's totally transformed.

It's only making an existing job quicker though.

For example, I took a photo yesterday and realised after that I had a power line in it, I removed it manually (took ages), no serious skill involved, just cloning until it looked good. It was a boring, laborious process, something like that shown in the vid is just making a task I was going to do anyway a lot quicker.

Ultimately, I could have taken more care over the original shot and removed it at source (but that's another argument entirely!)