ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Continentals no more!

Been to work this morning and as some of you already know I work for Renault Import Centre. A ship came in with about 300 Clios on board 50 of them were 172s/Cups and about 10 Cups in iceberg silver. Anyway thought you might like to know that Renault are now fitting on the 172s/Cups, Mitchlin Pilot tyres instead of the continental tyres. Dont ask me why as I dont know. Maybe these are better tyres as previously fitted to the Mk1 172s.

Paul

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The reason is that theyll have got a good deal off Michelin...

Do you know which model of Pilots they were???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 22 September 2003

10 more iceburg cups in the country, bugger, that makes 12 then...
I take it yours has Contis then Jon?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 21 September 2003

The reason is that theyll have got a good deal off Michelin...

Do you know which model of Pilots they were???

They would have to be Michelin Pilot Exaltos! They dont do the Pilot Sport in 16" Unless Renault have made a deal with Michelin!

i have a mk1 172 and it came with mitchilen pilots on, and when they have worn its had the same make put back on. it just depends what kind of a deal they get i suppose.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

When Evo had a Mk1 172 they put Exaltos on it once the Contis had worn out. From what I recall reading, ultimate grip levels are slightly down from the Contis, but you get a lot more throttle adjustability. I really miss the lift-off-oversteer that was inherent in my old Pug 306, so I hope mine gets the Exaltos.

Sorry for the wait, ive been to work and found out that the tyres that are being fitted to the 172/Cup are Mitchlin Pilot Primacy.

Paul172