ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Converting 172 Cup to EPAS

FF Clio 182
If converting to EPAS will all you need a EPAS rack from a DCI and a controller box for the steering column?

Would it be possible to have the EPAS motor connected to a switch via a relay so you can turn it on and off? So for on the road have it on but on the track switched off.

Thanks

Cup In bits
To simplify that massive thread for you.

epas column
box of tricks
either lower model epas rack or loop the standard fitted rack.

The box of tricks can have anything from 0-100% assistance so no need for a switch.

That thread seems to have got so long no-one can be bothered reading it anymore which is a shame

You need an epas column - available from 1.2 or 1.4 16v clios, the ecu and motor to match it (also recommend getting a key with it or asking them to remove the ignition barrel as you need the key to do that - or a drill)

The ebay box of tricks

And then you can either create a loop pipe for your standard rack - or I massively recommend an SMI 77 00 437 055 rack which is off a DCi. It's as quick as a cup rack but no PAS pipes and much lighter.

HTH.

FF Clio 182
That thread seems to have got so long no-one can be bothered reading it anymore which is a shame

You need an epas column - available from 1.2 or 1.4 16v clios, the ecu and motor to match it (also recommend getting a key with it or asking them to remove the ignition barrel as you need the key to do that - or a drill)

The ebay box of tricks

And then you can either create a loop pipe for your standard rack - or I massively recommend an SMI 77 00 437 055 rack which is off a DCi. It's as quick as a cup rack but no PAS pipes and much lighter.

HTH.

So you only need the key for the column to get the ignition barrel off? What ECU are you referring to ? The main ECU or a separate one ?

Got a link to the eBay box is tricks ,

Sorry mate I started reading your thread, I am not in a position to read all 37 pages so wanted a shorter answer.

Will read it tonight when I get chance though.