ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

converting a 1.4 to a 1.6

See My Clio? Tell Me
been told that the only difference between my 1.4 engine and the 1.6 is the crank and con rods is this true if i change them will i need to change the cams or have it remapped???

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
so the 1.6's just have a longer stroke in order to make up the extra 200cc?

wont there be a difference in the actual head of the engine though, and not just swapping these 2 parts?

Chelsea tractor
I think that's what he wants to know. The bore is the same on both, but the stroke is 10.5mm longer on the K4M

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ah right, i'd of though there would be more to change between the 2, but im no mechanic so...!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
you have to take the block out so you'd be as well as replacing it wit a 2.0...

Chelsea tractor
Not on about a conversion here (I don't think). Just the differences between the engines?

Chelsea tractor
Aah your right sam - reading it again i seems to suggest that!

I was just curious as to the difference lol :eek:

theres not really any point..... as said its just got a longer stroke on the crank...

And biger B/E to help stop the pistons hitting head when running with thelonger stroke.

But that and the crank are the only difference even injectors are the same.

Best change the whole engine as its easier and often quicker.

See My Clio? Tell Me
the idea was to make it a 1.6 using the same engine with the same serial number making it look like its not been touched still just a standard 1.4