ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Converting DivX/Xvid to DVD

Hey all,
Just wondering what all you guys and gals use for converting DivX (.avi's) files to DVD format? At the min i'm using the free version of VSO COnvertXtoDVD. Its pretty good but not that customizable (sp?).

Any suggestiosn are great (apart from Nero Recode!).

Cheers ppl,
-TS

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Winavi for me to change back to dvd then burn with nero , or dvd santa to change it back to a dvd and burn .And it doesn't take 5 hours ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
What do ya want to customise ?? All you can do is turn it back into dvd files , burn and play .

Golf GTD
mrbilly, is nero slow at burning then?

ive got a good dvd burner, gig of ram and it takes about 5 hrs on 4x setting when i burn a film to dvd

Golf GTD
haha, i dont have a problem with that cos ive got a divx/xvid dvd player :rasp:

its my mates that dont, and have you seen the prices of these p**n dvds? £25 upwards!

...erm or so i hear

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
KyleB said:
mrbilly, is nero slow at burning then?

ive got a good dvd burner, gig of ram and it takes about 5 hrs on 4x setting when i burn a film to dvd

If your burning on 4x speed its always going to take longer . I burn at 12x or 16x depends on what discs i'm using at the moment . Nero's fine for burning .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
KyleB said:
haha, i dont have a problem with that cos ive got a divx/xvid dvd player :rasp:

its my mates that dont, and have you seen the prices of these p**n dvds? £25 upwards!

...erm or so i hear

Really £25 ?? I heard they were free ;)

Thanks for the replies people.
When I said customizable, I was talking about putting in chapter points and also maybe some menu stuff.

I will have a look into all your suggestions!

Cheers,
-TS

Golf GTD
i dont know if you dont like the nero range, but nero vision express can make all menus and add chapters and all that.

i use that.

MRBILLY - interesting, i thought that burning at them speeds wasnt safe for video. what discs do you use?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
KyleB said:
i dont know if you dont like the nero range, but nero vision express can make all menus and add chapters and all that.

i use that.

MRBILLY - interesting, i thought that burning at them speeds wasnt safe for video. what discs do you use?

Different disks , but i always make sure they are the ritek go5 dye ( dark purple ) i usually go to a computer fair near manchester every couple of months and buy in bulk whats the best they have at the moment .

Best ive used are the traxdata printables or the datasafe dvd-rs i've used 100's of these , good for printing on as well , instant drying not like some which remain slightly sticky . I always use between 8x - 16x discs and burn at full speed .Never had a problem with em yet .

http://www.discsexpress.com/product.php?product=194

Or from the computer fairs you can pick up some good unbranded ritek go5's cheap .Don't know if you have one near you tho'

http://www.computermarkets.co.uk/

Don't know if you have one near

Golf GTD
nope sadly none near, however i may have found an excuse to vist my family in manchester in the near future haha.

cheers for the tips mrbilly, i did know that ritek g05 was the business, but didnt realise you could cream the burning speed up.