ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cool stats for mk.1 172....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Hmm, the mk2 deffo wieghs more than the mk1 hence as already stated the change in gearing etc.

Anyone know how much on 16" alloy of the mk2 wieghs ? some nice new light alloys should bring it down a bit.

CTR EK9 turbo

SoLow - its only boring if its irrelevent to you

_KDF - how about some of those lovely CUP alloys? or the speedline corse white ones of the cup racers?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If I was going for new alloys I wouldnt go for the Cup ones.. no offense they are luvly for standard alloys but if I was buying a new set I would have a massive choice so the Cup ones wouldnt be the ones for me.

I dont want to get Superleggeras either cause they are to popular (yes I know for a good reason).

S2000

172MAN

FFS why the feck do you keep going back to this feck old arguement, that you cant see Renault lying. Look at the latest brochure for the 172, what does it say 1035KG!!!!!!!!!!! They are fecking lying there, why do you find it so hard to believe!!

duh if you read my other posts i said ren either couldnt be arsed or forgot to change the weight in the mk2 brochure

FFS the mk1 weighs 1035kg. all that extra kit in the mk poo weighs 20kg LOLOLOL derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 09 April 2003

have you destroyed your courtesy car yet?
LOL, not yet.. it only had 1400 miles on the clock when i got it.. hehe..

Its not actually that bad a car at all it got all the stuff the 172 has bar climate control.. the seats are okay.. and it gets up to 60 okay.. after that things go a bit sour.

The handling is waaay too soft and I felt almost scared trying to corner fast in it.

please note this is only my findings of the 1.2 dynamique, I am in no way putting down what is clearly an excellent car. Also the power steering is way to light for my liking.

All in al though it aint a bad run around, and I certainly couldnt complain about the MPG i was averaging over 40MPG even when caning it.

I just got a call from renault so the car is going back today at 4.30pm.. slightly sad to see it go..