ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant Temp Sensor Replacement Options

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm planning a bit of a cooling system refresh for my 182 soon, I've got a genuine thermostat+seal and gasket as well as a new header tank, I'm looking for a CTS as the final piece of the puzzle.
RPD want a ridiculous £43 for a genuine 226306024R. What brands have people used when replacing theirs? Or is genuine the only way to go?

Side note, how much coolant will a 182 take from a full flush, will a single 5L bottle of type D be fine?

Apologies if this is all incredibly obvious.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, did think the genuine part looked a lot like a febi one. My jaw hit the floor when I saw what Renault charge for a "genuine" item.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Thanks, did think the genuine part looked a lot like a febi one. My jaw hit the floor when I saw what Renault charge for a "genuine" item.

I know, not cheap.

Coolant capacity is about 7L by the way, and you'll never get it all out so 5L usually does the trick.