ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooling System

Clio Phase II 16V

Reqiure a little help with the 16V engine, a friend has a renualt 19 and there is water leaking from the metal looking elbow on the front (right side) of the engine, the elbow goes into the block around the inlet manafold area.

Does anybody know how this is fitted, either screwed or pressed?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Tony, i think its presses mate - cant be too sure without lookin at mine tho - mind u if it is presses then the fact that its leaking is pretty shocking....!:)

Is that the right hand side of the engine looking at it from the front of the car? Could be the thermostat housing (radiator pipe goes into it) - 5 or so torx bolts....

Its just pressed in, get a set of stilsons round it and twist it out..

They do perish (I had one go on an old 19 of mine), just pull it out, and put a new one in..

btw - I got a new one from B&Q, cheaper than Renault! :D

Clio Phase II 16V

Its a black in colour and is on the front right hand side of the engine, looks like its on the inlet manafold. It has a cooling sistem hose on it and then goes into the inlet manafold/block.