ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cooper s turbo

FF 182
I remember reading that this engine will be in the 207 gti

thats what i herd, its a pug engine , paid for by the germans, thats why they have it first

Yeah engine is already in the 207 gt in 150 bhp guise and then gti will have about same power as cooper s.

I went to new mini launch yesterday and the one in the showroom that had no works body kit. just a few packs and leather was £20,000

VRS
i doubt it would empty its bowels on one, from wht ive seen/read the 182 and cooper s works are pretty much on par with each other! after all, the bini does like to indulge in the frankfurters and is a wee bit lardy ;)[/QUOTE]

those new mini are heavy car

You having a laugh??? Heavy, Lardy!!! It weighs 1130kgs!!! Compared with 1240 for the 197.. Name me a new model car (especially hot hatch) that weighs less?
1130kgs is feck all in the current crop of hatches. Hence the reason it has a decent power/weight with just 175bhp. Expect the Works model to be a quick car!![/QUOTE]

Exactly! im not defending the 197! the 197 is a lard arse as well, and thats y its slower than a 1*2

VRS
i love this thread, people on here driving their girly clios slagging of one of the few great modern cars

Have to agree, ...wouldnt say its a ruined classic either...as its nothing like the classic Mini due to it being part of BMW and a completely differnt car. Just as the Clio isnt a ruined Renault5, all differnt cars.

it is a ruined classic tho!

if it had a different name then fair enough eg clio is not called a renault 5 is it!

they have exploited the mini name and brand and tarnished its heritage imo

fair enough if it had a different name, but it hasnt, its still called a mini :(

Mazda RX8
Have to agree, ...wouldnt say its a ruined classic either...as its nothing like the classic Mini due to it being part of BMW and a completely differnt car. Just as the Clio isnt a ruined Renault5, all differnt cars.

if it had a different name then fair enough eg clio is not called a renault 5 is it!

fair enough if it had a different name, but it hasnt, its still called a mini :(

I get where your coming from, but by name only, but I dont see how it is ruined?? the BMW Mini is simply a modern day Mini...what the classic Mini would have evolved to anyway, theyve kept the good name and its proved a worldwide hit so it cant be ruined as its a success and so many New Mini owners are former classic mini owners, but things move on times change especially in the modern world where takeovers and buyouts are common place, at the end of the day it doesnt make the Mini a bad car.

Ive heard all the Girls car gays car Daddys boy/girl stuff, rich kid with no sense, just as ive heard French piece of crap, Typical Renault poor build quality, poor electrics girls car about the Clio, I think the Clio is great 172 182 Trophy, Cup, 197 V6 they have there faults and they could be built better and are getting better. It does annoy me somewhat some of the stereo typical people that buy and drive Minis, cant understand people spending 20odd grand on one when you could get a V6 or an Evo or something. Early Mini's were a bit pants in there early days...expected teething problems on a completely new car , but they are pretty much spot on now, not quite as quick as a 182 though ;) (best not wink someone might get the wrong idea lol)

I have got a modded S and a V6 has crossed my mind several times, when all said and done as a fellow car enthusiast, we all love our cars and I think this is a good site :)

VRS

I get where your coming from, but by name only, but I dont see how it is ruined?? the BMW Mini is simply a modern day Mini...what the classic Mini would have evolved to anyway, theyve kept the good name and its proved a worldwide hit so it cant be ruined as its a success and so many New Mini owners are former classic mini owners, but things move on times change especially in the modern world where takeovers and buyouts are common place, at the end of the day it doesnt make the Mini a bad car.

Ive heard all the Girls car gays car Daddys boy/girl stuff, rich kid with no sense, just as ive heard French piece of crap, Typical Renault poor build quality, poor electrics girls car about the Clio, I think the Clio is great 172 182 Trophy, Cup, 197 V6 they have there faults and they could be built better and are getting better. It does annoy me somewhat some of the stereo typical people that buy and drive Minis, cant understand people spending 20odd grand on one when you could get a V6 or an Evo or something. Early Mini's were a bit pants in there early days...expected teething problems on a completely new car , but they are pretty much spot on now, not quite as quick as a 182 though ;) (best not wink someone might get the wrong idea lol)

I have got a modded S and a V6 has crossed my mind several times, when all said and done as a fellow car enthusiast, we all love our cars and I think this is a good site :)

fair play to you matey

each to their own eh! :D

Leon Cupra 300
Ive had a spin in my mates new turbo one tonight and its mint, pretty quick. but its a lovely car, the interior is great.. sat nav, heated seats.. but then at 23k it should be

It's amazing how uneducated some people on car forums are when it comes to cars.
Calling it overpriced sh*te and lardy is clearly wrong since it beat the focus st, golf gti and 197 in an auto express test and was the lightest of the four.
Also surprisingly it was very quick in for in-gear acceleration times. With pace like that from 175bhp I can't wait to see what the works will do with 210+bhp!!! Is that a VXR in my rear-view mirror??? :D:D

Edit: Forgot to say its also joint cheapest...

Last edited:
  DUB mk2 golf gti!
lol while on the subject of talking bout ur mates mini's!my mate just turned 18, he works for bmw mini plant in oxford.just got the new cooper on the hire thing they do!it's not the cooper s but f**k its fast,is for us lot at 18:evil: lucky b*****d

VRS
It's amazing how uneducated some people on car forums are when it comes to cars.
Calling it overpriced sh*te and lardy is clearly wrong since it beat the focus st, golf gti and 197 in an auto express test and was the lightest of the four.
Also surprisingly it was very quick in for in-gear acceleration times. With pace like that from 175bhp I can't wait to see what the works will do with 210+bhp!!! Is that a VXR in my rear-view mirror??? :D:D

it is overpriced shite and lardy! fact

im educated enough thanks

it is overpriced s**te and lardy! fact

im educated enough thanks

I forgot that you know more than the car journalists who are the experts when it comes to this sort of stuff. You must be some kind of super-expert. Apologies.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
the extra's list is imense!but it defo ent a s**t drive!why are people negative against um?u dnt get many hair dressers round my way with um!i dnt live far from the plant!

VRS

Edit: Forgot to say its also joint cheapest...

comparing it to the focus, golf and vxr is pointless anyway as they are family hatches whereas the mini is a super mini / hot hatch. its bound to be lighter than them as its smaller :rolleyes:

a focus/vxr,golf will happily sit four/five adults and still be quick and handle well!

try doing that in a mini! my mates struggled to fit behind the drivers seat when i drove a mini

ah well its a hot topic aint it!

proper marmite subject lol