ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Copart Flame Red 172 WG53 CVR

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t look overly cheap at the minute for a categorised car thought. Currently at £550 with reserve not met. The thing looks hammered. Buyers fees at £150, £40 movement and £39 internet bid fee, plus it will be another £150 for delivery. + £100 membership fee if you don’t have an account. And VAT on fees… So at the very least it’s £825 or worse case £1075 delivered. That’s without hearing the thing running!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says it’s categorised as ‘N’ which means it is recorded as written off non structural repair. So basically the car is fine just the cost of cosmetically repairing is more than the car is worth. But it’s still recorded so it will have an adverse effect on value. If you can buy it for the £550 I guess you could argue it could be a cheap track slag, but it’s still a gamble. Judging by the condition it doesn’t look like it’s been loved so will likely need some spannering

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
£818 before delivery just now.

I’ve got a copart account. So if anyone does want it I could bid.

Personally think it might be worth it in parts if it still has the Cat. The engine is a runner as well. You can see it in the photos of the speedo. Normally they would flag it as runs and drives but not always.

Also it hasn’t reached the minimum bid. But this just means if you win it the seller has the choice to sell under the reserve. I know from recent experience.

I bought this one earlier this week. I live 2 miles away from a copart in Whitburn so it was worth it because it’s local. I wouldn’t be paying the £400 delivery on top.

4cc836c0b4036cb1087d1f792e00093a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
£818 before delivery just now.

I’ve got a copart account. So if anyone does want it I could bid.

Personally think it might be worth it in parts if it still has the Cat. The engine is a runner as well. You can see it in the photos of the speedo. Normally they would flag it as runs and drives but not always.

Also it hasn’t reached the minimum bid. But this just means if you win it the seller has the choice to sell under the reserve. I know from recent experience.

I bought this one earlier this week. I live 2 miles away from a copart in Whitburn so it was worth it because it’s local. I wouldn’t be paying the £400 delivery on top.

View attachment 1557110

It’s obvious different if you have an account already set up.

it’s currently not met reserve, which means it’s a provisional bid. That means the vendor can decide to sell under reserve, or the provisional team will broker a deal between buyer and seller.

No doubt there is (currently) some opportunity for profit in partsc but the auction isn’t over yet, it’s not met reserve and it’s a big gamble ‘hoping’ it has the cat…

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s obvious different if you have an account already set up.

it’s currently not met reserve, which means it’s a provisional bid. That means the vendor can decide to sell under reserve, or the provisional team will broker a deal between buyer and seller.

No doubt there is (currently) some opportunity for profit in partsc but the auction isn’t over yet, it’s not met reserve and it’s a big gamble ‘hoping’ it has the cat…

Yeah it’s a big if. Personally not worth it unless it’s on your door step.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ph1 172, Arctic182
What did I start reading this for! I'm now scrolling through Copart making a winter project wishlist.