ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cordless DA polisher?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
What do I need to be looking for folks?

Don't want to pay the earth, happy to go wired if it's not worth a cordless unit.

So many out there, but a tad lost on them.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Have you got any other power tools? if you do, it might be worth getting that brand so you can use the same batteries. If not, go for a flex cordless machine. Probably the best cordless machines on the market right now for all round stuff.
Depends what kind of work you are doing if it will warrant a cordless version, mobile detailing is much easier with cordless kit but anyone working in a unit or just a weekend warrior is better off saving the cash and going corded.
If you arent using it often, get one of the DAS models. You can fit 5 and 3 inch backing plates on certain ones too. Spend the cash you save on some decent pads and polishes.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Have you got any other power tools? if you do, it might be worth getting that brand so you can use the same batteries. If not, go for a flex cordless machine. Probably the best cordless machines on the market right now for all round stuff.
Depends what kind of work you are doing if it will warrant a cordless version, mobile detailing is much easier with cordless kit but anyone working in a unit or just a weekend warrior is better off saving the cash and going corded.
If you arent using it often, get one of the DAS models. You can fit 5 and 3 inch backing plates on certain ones too. Spend the cash you save on some decent pads and polishes.
Only MacAllister, but they don't do one.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I got the Flex PXE 80. It's their mini polisher but it's well up for the task of doing large areas. While not practical with 3" pads it's more than capable of doing a full car.

Very happy with the Flex tool though so I'm sure their larger versions are excellent. Can be a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Reactions: GiT