ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corner weight gauge

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Ah yeah, my bad i only read the 1st line in post.

I guess using a gauge is ok as a rough guide (or unless you have 4 to do each corner at once) but for accuracy and less hassle most would use scales i bet.

Cup In bits
Waste of time IMO, just get one industrial scale and four wooden blocks of the same height for the same more accurate affect, still it would take forver swapping it about to get it balanced.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah they're not to bad really mark. As with everything like that though, they're only as accurate as the end user! You need to be consistent with how you use them and it's also worth noting you have to do maths to get the weight distribution calculations.

Clio.
I was specifically wondering about using the gauge rather than scales though.

Just wondering how practical they are on a normal car compared to a single seater which is much lighter.

I use my manual lever guage all the time, it's pretty accurate if you know how to use it.
Advantages are, no batteries, cheap, easy to transport.
Disadvantages, time to set up.

Cup In bits
That is what I was thinking before I saw the gauges, any links to single scales to get me started?

No idea tbh Mark, you might score a cheap one from some engineering or similar firm that is closing down. Two would be ideal if you could get them.