ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corner Weight/Setup Service

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Evening all

Not really sure where to list this, or if anyone would be interested but you never know

A few months ago I decided to take the plunge and buy all the kit I needed to set my race car up, corner scales, string alignment, camber gauge etc as I was struggling to either find anywhere or prices were extortionate.

Anyway I thought I'd offer this service if anyone wanted it doing? I'm based in Lydney GL15 postcode but could also have use of a space in Devizes too (SN10 postcode)

I keep a range of Pure Motorsport rear camber/toe shims along with the correct countersunk bolts that hold the rear hubs/stub axles to the rear axle too if they're needed during the process which I'm happy to supply at cost.

I'm hoping to secure a unit to work from in the next few months, where I can then offer a few more services

Anyway if anyone is interested drop me a message and we'll go from there

Thanks
Ads

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If I had a unit I'd love to do something like this.

Good luck with it mate.
Thanks mate, you never know. I got out the trade a while ago but can't leave things alone, I gave up my last unit as we relocated with work and had struggled to find something suitable where we are now, but it looks like that'll be changing in the near future

Ads

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you’re in Lydney I’d love you to do mine!

(my car is at my work, in Chepstow)

let me know when you’re up and running and I’ll book in!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If you’re in Lydney I’d love you to do mine!

(my car is at my work, in Chepstow)

let me know when you’re up and running and I’ll book in!

Cheers @Daniel, if you're only Chepstow I could probably drop down and do it there if it's fairly flat?

I'm waiting on a new set of levelling pads and then all is good and ready to go

Clio 172 Merc ML55
same. i think my rear beam is slightly out so would be good to take a look at whats going on properly and make a decision on what to do next

Definitely mate, anytime 👍 drop me a message and we'll get it sorted

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers @Daniel, if you're only Chepstow I could probably drop down and do it there if it's fairly flat?

I'm waiting on a new set of levelling pads and then all is good and ready to go
It’s a car showroom mate so ideally not. Knowing my luck we’ll set it all up and then some chump will turn up wanting to test drive the car at the back. 😂

that said, a Sunday afternoon could work?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
It’s a car showroom mate so ideally not. Knowing my luck we’ll set it all up and then some chump will turn up wanting to test drive the car at the back. 😂

that said, a Sunday afternoon could work?

A Sunday shouldn't be an issue, I get what you mean though, best laid plans and all 😉

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Currently rebuilding my Clio, when it’s all put back together for the summer I shall be booking in with you for sure!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I know for sure my rear is slightly out and so having someone like yourself on hand with all the kit and shims on site would be a godsend being so local too. Originally I was going to use Motorworks on bristol road when the car was ready. After seeing this I will be giving you a call when it's time to get set up.

Think there are quite a few people interested in and around this area so I doubt you'll be short of work 😉

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I know for sure my rear is slightly out and so having someone like yourself on hand with all the kit and shims on site would be a godsend being so local too. Originally I was going to use Motorworks on bristol road when the car was ready. After seeing this I will be giving you a call when it's time to get set up.

Think there are quite a few people interested in and around this area so I doubt you'll be short of work 😉

Thanks mate

Yeah by all means give me a shout when you're ready 😁.

Hopefully I can muster up a bit of work, and stick a few quid in the racing fund at the same time 😉

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
Yeah price would be interesting. I have a 106 Rallye which needs setting up in you can get to Devizes?