ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corsa Detailed

Williams Clio
Finally got to test out my new products on some decent paintwork, my mates 54 plate corsa. Was quite impressed with the results as it was all done by hand. The procedure was as follows.

Wash the car with Zmol Autowash

Clay with soapy water

Scratch X where needed

Polish with SRP

Seal with EGP (was only left on for 1 hour as didnt have time to leave it any longer)

Finished off with P21S wax

The tailgate came out looking more like a mirror. If it hadnt been raining on and off it may have came out even better. Also did the alloys and the interior and all for a crate of well earned stella.

FRW.jpg

BON2.jpg

BON.jpg

ROOF.jpg

LS.jpg

REAR.jpg

SIDE.jpg

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
reminds me of when my gf forces me to clean her car. personally think the paint on vauxhalls is actually quite good quality when compared to the clio

Williams Clio
Yeah the paintwork does seem a little bit better than my clios. Kept telling him its hard to polish a turd, but i would do my best.

AJR93RT said:
Yeah the paintwork does seem a little bit better than my clios. Kept telling him its hard to polish a turd, but i would do my best.

u did ok m8............looks good , need tyre shine as said , auto glym tyre dressing ;)

Williams Clio
Probably a stupid question but does anyone know what twinport is suppose to mean? Is it vauxhaulls new way of saying 16V?

Williams Clio
Yeah i used some off the silca muc off stuff to give it a try. Think i will be sticking to the autoglym bumper care as that seems to work better.

AJR93RT said:
Probably a stupid question but does anyone know what twinport is suppose to mean? Is it vauxhaulls new way of saying 16V?

someone says -:

Twinport Technology
Twinport technology builds on the standard four-valve technology of ECOTEC engines. Savings are achieved via a variable intake manifold in combination with a high rate of exhaust gas recirculation. Under ‘partial load’ the engine receives an additional 25 per cent of its fuel air mixture from the already burnt exhaust gas recycled back into the mix.

The advantages of twinport technology are achieved through a combination of fuel injection and exhaust emission control by three-way catalytic converter technology. This reduces technical complexity and consequently the cost to the customer, making the twinport solution particularly attractive for compact-class cars, as power output and efficient fuel consumption are maintained.

Average fuel consumption of the new twinport engines is remarkably low. The 1.0 litre engine when fitted in the Corsa achieves 49.5 mpg on a combined cycle, while the larger 1.4 90 hp unit returns 44.5 mpg – using nearly 13 per cent less fuel than its predecessor with a five-speed gearbox.

When combined with the Easytronic transmission the new 1.4 twinport engine achieves savings of over 23 per cent compared with the current model

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i've always thought that vauxhalls have a really good paint finish compared to renault.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looks awesome mate, we done my mates silver corsa today, then finished it off with a de badge session! lol back end looks much smoother and tidy now without the badges, although we didnt have time to do the vauxhall badge in the middle...

12august20062qw6.jpg