ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corsa Vxr Track Video...

Would have one of the the 197 every day of the week.

1.6 turbo!!!

tuning heads will totally love it, will be minted

nice vid thanks

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
it seems ok, I would choose one over a 197 but not over a 172 or 182

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looks w**k.

197 over that anyday. Then again, if I can choose any car next year (company car time) it's Mini Cooper S time.. Wouldn't buy one for the money, but as a company car, can't do much worse;) Straight through exhaust and a bluefin and we're off!!

Jesus christ where did they find Mr Charisma to narrate the video...what a boring f*ck!

haha spesh when he says "if were lucky we might be able to hear a woosh from the turbo"

sounds like a bird watcher!!

not sure on the whole bigger is better theme that the super"minis" are going through. but anything remotely looking like the new astra cant be a bad thing.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
link hasnt been working for me-really wana see what this car can do. Anyone else having problems?

Turbos.
Vid doesn't work for me either...

"For us, however, it does, and that’s why, by the thinnest of margins, the 197 remains our choice."

I personally think it looks awful. I wouldn't care if it was the best car, i'd be too embarrased to get in one.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
What id like to know is why have,nt Renault bought out a clio turbo??
1.6-2.0 instead of having to pay way over the odds to get an after market system fitted!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
1.6-2.0 instead of having to pay way over the odds to get an after market system fitted!

On the top gear website it says a clio turbo is on the way, don't know how true it is though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Simple.

It wouldnt be the best in class.

Turbo engines with 200bhp+ and fwd in a car that weighs just over a tonne always means bad news.

This shape clio wont have a turbo, the next one certianly will.
(due to enviromental reasons more than anything)

'Unless you’re stirring away at the gears like a madman, the Renault can feel surprisingly slow, far slower than the VXR does given the same conditions when its hearty 170lb ft of torque, delivered all the way from 1980-5000rpm, takes you safely past dawdling Mini Coopers'

lol!

All fairness a very good review, good comparisons to the 197. Both get plus points against each other. Looking forward to a spin!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Darren, which Vauxhall dealer you test driving it from? I'm trying a Rochdale. They say they'll have one in late next week...

Tys.